Mama said that there would be days like this...
- I'm not only the president, I'm a member!
- When does the surprise rate hike chatter start?
- Bored? No worries--the fun should pick up in pace Wednesday after Chambo speaks, Elmer winks and we hear from our friend Clarence Beeks.
- Lats are overrated.
- Happy belated third birthday to Minyanville's favorite son, Jackson Reamer.
- N's over S's. Or is it S's under N's?
- Franklin Raines.
- The S&P 200-day comes into play at 1077. These types of levels typically hold the first test.
- Good traders make money but great traders know how to take a loss.
- Forbidden fruit creates many jams.
- The breadth, much like it was Friday, smells putrid thus far.
- Bonds, after a brief upside flirtation, have joined their asset class brethren in the red (greenbacks aside).
- No one sector--with the possible exception of the financials--will quiet a bunch of quacking ducks.
- Taiwan, Argentina and Brazil have "officially" entered bear markets anew.
- Who names a kid Harpo?
- There used to be deflation fears (before Elmer kicked the printing press into overdrive). Now everyone is worried about inflation (with the CRB action as it is). Next will be the arrival of stagflation (when the stimuli-driven economy begins to slow).
- My grandfather taught me many things. Staying out of debt was on the top of his list.
- The last time crude was $40, I was 21 years old.
- Treasury yields jumped from 3.9% to 4.76% in a month. That's nuttier than Austin Power's coffee.
- De-cel-er-ation. De-cel-er-ation is.....making me wait.
- The BKX--down 25 the old way--continues to weigh on the collective psyche.
- There will always be reasons assigned to the minxy rhyme. With the tape red, the focus is on the geopolitical jitters, rate fears and earnings "peaks." If and when we rally, it'll be an "obvious" function of an improving economy (labor) and better than expected fundamentals.
- Deja Boo.
- I have some serious (and well documented) concerns about our financial system and, as such, I must allow for all downside scenarios. Still, we're at levels that could presage a Snapper and I'm allowing for that in my approach as well.
- Take a deep breath. Now take another one.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter