What would a day be without alligator chatter?
- S&P 910 (former support) should act as a decent resistance while NDX 1100 is trying to put up a brave face.
- As it stands, the bears are scared to press and the bulls are nonchalantly buying the dip. That, to me, is bearish but it's not necessarily today's biz.
- I am taking my pops to meet his grandkids in Baltimore after the close and will be out tomorrow. I'm gonna try to pen a perspective piece over the weekend that I think many Minyans will dig.
- What do all the UMV professors have in common aside from being sharp as a tack? They're all good people...and that's why they're Minyans.
- The dollar continues to act slippy but is marginally off its low.
- Don't worry about what you don't have. Be thankful for what you DO have.
- Pairs trading -- long one stock and short another in the same industry -- is a good stock picking strategy.
- Fokker is gonna unleash his gold vs. Dow piece tomorrow! Why do I feel like Wally Pipp?
- N's over S's
- Economic numbers due out tomorrow: Unemployment rate (expected at 5.9%), Change in Nonfarm Payrolls (expected at -60k), Change in Manufacturing payrolls (expected at -33k) and Factory orders (expected at 1.2%).
- Daisy just walked into my office in a plaid skirt, glasses and knee highs. I told her she looks awesome (hubba hubba!) but to hold off on the little school girl outfit -- classes haven't started yet!
- A lot of Minyans have hit Main Street to support the cause. That's awesome -- THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!
- Breadth is 2:1 negative on the S's and 3:2 negative on the N's.
- The professors in UMV is just the beginning. When you see the other classes that will be offered, the school newspaper due out and the massive Minyanwood effort, you'll begin to understand the scope of what we're trying to accomplish. Casey, you're the bomb!
- That gnu on the knoll with a gnat says hi. He's so gnice!
- Do I think new lows? I thought it when the market was ripping higher and I still think it (when it's a tad soft). I truly believe that in 2010, we'll look back at these levels and say I woulda, coulda and shoulda.
- Dean Dwyer? That has a nice ring to it!
- If you've been struggling, don't try to hit out of the rough with a driver. Chip back until you find your swing, gradually move through the irons and, before you know it, you'll be trading with wood.
- Some of these homebuilding stocks are uber-extended.
- You always find out who your friends are when the chips are down.
- As long as the NDX hovers around 1100 and the S's around 900ish, this tape will go to tomorrow morning's economic video tape. I'm keeping that leg in the bear costume but my risk is defined and I'll be monitoring the action from Crab City.
- Software trades firm (Adobe (ADBE:Nasdaq)).
- Zoë has made a second home out of my bathroom sink. Phoebe, meanwhile, has an obesity issue.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter