If you're overtrading, I'm gonna come through that screen and knock heads!
- Symbolism is important, but the futures were trading in lockstep with each tug of the Saddam statue. That's silliness to the Nth degree.
- I'm watching the NYSE breadth like a hawk -- and it hangs tough.
- Put... the candle... back!
- I continue to feel that SARS needs to be closely monitored. Call me chicken -- but say it from a distance.
- The Internet stocks have acted heavy all day, ahead of Yahoo! (YHOO:Nasdaq) earnings. They led the market higher a few weeks ago...
- IF (big if) the market rallies from here, it could squeeze the tape up towards 910ish (before rolling over). As you know, however, I'm not playing it that way. That, of course, doesn't mean it can't happen -- I'm simply laying it on the line for you and expressing my honest opinion.
- Zoë has decided to take up residence in my bathroom sink.
- One day, I'll REALLY communicate my conspiracy theories -- they're out there!
- The retail group speckled red before the tape turned.
- NCAA men's champion: Syracuse. NCAA women's champion: UCONN. NIT champion: St. Johns. Helluva year, Big East. Boo-ya!
- Will the bull costume ever get dusted off? Sure... when we're oversold or on support or twisty stochastics (the other way) or a discernable reason, I'll get horny and Hoofy. Chances are that when I do that, however, it will be considered silly and reckless to be a bull. (Think mirror image.)
- I'll always write when I can but my first obligation will always be to my investors.
- The averages are flattish but I'm certain that many traders got whipsawed this morning. That underscores the importance of devising a strategy before stepping onto the field.
- Earnings tonight: YHOO, Genentech (DNA:NYSE), Sonus Networks (SONS:Nasdaq). Tomorrow morning: Dow Jones (DJ:NYSE), E. W. Scripps (SSP:NYSE), First Data (FDC:NYSE), GTECH (GTK:NYSE), Pier 1 Imports (PIR:NYSE), Rite Aid (RAD:NYSE), SunTrust Banks (STI:NYSE).
- Retail sales will be released tomorrow morning for: Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF:NYSE), Chico's (CHS:NYSE), Dollar General (DG:NYSE), Family Dollar Stores (FDO:NYSE), Gap (GPS:NYSE), J. C. Penney (JCP:NYSE), Pep Boys (PBY:NYSE), Saks (SKS:NYSE), Target (TGT:NYSE) and May Department Stores (MAY:NYSE).
- The definition of success is being a good husband, wife, father, mother, son, daughter, sister, brother or friend. It really is that simple.
- I'll say it again: If you're becoming bullish higher and bearish lower, take a deep breath and a step back.
- Has anybody ever seen Lappy and the Little Mermaid in the same room?
- It's De Monet. De Monet!
- When I hired Fokker I told him there were two job requirements. He had to be honest and he had to work as hard as I do. Little did he know...
- S's over N's (again)
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter