By Marcus Laun Apr 09, 2003 11:41 am
If you're overtrading, I'm gonna come through that screen and knock heads!
- Symbolism is important, but the futures were trading in lockstep with each tug of the Saddam statue. That's silliness to the Nth degree.
- I'm watching the NYSE breadth like a hawk -- and it hangs tough.
- Put... the candle... back!
- I continue to feel that SARS needs to be closely monitored. Call me chicken -- but say it from a distance.
- The Internet stocks have acted heavy all day, ahead of Yahoo! (YHOO:Nasdaq) earnings. They led the market higher a few weeks ago...
- IF (big if) the market rallies from here, it could squeeze the tape up towards 910ish (before rolling over). As you know, however, I'm not playing it that way. That, of course, doesn't mean it can't happen -- I'm simply laying it on the line for you and expressing my honest opinion.
- Zoë has decided to take up residence in my bathroom sink.
- One day, I'll REALLY communicate my conspiracy theories -- they're out there!
- The retail group speckled red before the tape turned.
- NCAA men's champion: Syracuse. NCAA women's champion: UCONN. NIT champion: St. Johns. Helluva year, Big East. Boo-ya!
- Will the bull costume ever get dusted off? Sure... when we're oversold or on support or twisty stochastics (the other way) or a discernable reason, I'll get horny and Hoofy. Chances are that when I do that, however, it will be considered silly and reckless to be a bull. (Think mirror image.)
- I'll always write when I can but my first obligation will always be to my investors.
- The averages are flattish but I'm certain that many traders got whipsawed this morning. That underscores the importance of devising a strategy before stepping onto the field.
- Earnings tonight: YHOO, Genentech (DNA:NYSE), Sonus Networks (SONS:Nasdaq). Tomorrow morning: Dow Jones (DJ:NYSE), E. W. Scripps (SSP:NYSE), First Data (FDC:NYSE), GTECH (GTK:NYSE), Pier 1 Imports (PIR:NYSE), Rite Aid (RAD:NYSE), SunTrust Banks (STI:NYSE).
- Retail sales will be released tomorrow morning for: Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF:NYSE), Chico's (CHS:NYSE), Dollar General (DG:NYSE), Family Dollar Stores (FDO:NYSE), Gap (GPS:NYSE), J. C. Penney (JCP:NYSE), Pep Boys (PBY:NYSE), Saks (SKS:NYSE), Target (TGT:NYSE) and May Department Stores (MAY:NYSE).
- The definition of success is being a good husband, wife, father, mother, son, daughter, sister, brother or friend. It really is that simple.
- I'll say it again: If you're becoming bullish higher and bearish lower, take a deep breath and a step back.
- Has anybody ever seen Lappy and the Little Mermaid in the same room?
- It's De Monet. De Monet!
- When I hired Fokker I told him there were two job requirements. He had to be honest and he had to work as hard as I do. Little did he know...
- S's over N's (again)
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter