More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Apr 08, 2005 1:34 pm
Fare ye well into the bell!
- Taking a page out of the Thain playbook, Congress is looking to extend daylight savings by 2 months (due to higher Oil).
- General Motors (GM) is pulling ads from the L.A Times due to critical stories? That'll show 'em for breaching the unwritten rules of corporatocracy!
- Vicks Vapor Rub?
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Something to do after the bars close? The Archipelago Exchange, the world's largest all-electronic stock exchange, today initiated its plan to open for trading at 4 AM Eastern Time for all U.S. listed and OTC stocks, following Securities and Exchange Commission approval." Minyan Michael Santoli
- Why does The Life and Death of Peter Sellers continue to resonate with me?
- Who's hungry?
- Bill DiPasquale unexpectedly came out of a two-week coma at Massachusetts General Hospital, five minutes after a friend whispered a message to him from their boss. The message: "You tell him to wake up, get out of bed, and get his ass back to work." (Boston Herald)
- Please note that we're back at the NDX 200-day (yawn!) and that's a level to note on a weekly close. If we can hold in here, the weekend press will declare today as "a spate of profit taking after a strong week and in front of earnings." It doesn't feel that way to me (hence the bear costume) but I've come to expect reactive rationalization.
- The critters smell an opportunity!
- The net fret continues although Google (GOOG) is trying to steady the ship.
- Speaking of Cliff Branch, the frisky financials are doing everything they can to hang tough and buoy Hoofy's handle.
- Bo don't know Roids!
- While I've shared the story of my father's sickness, I don't want to lose sight of the fact that my mother was the rock of Gibraltar throughout my childhood. Every lacrosse game, every wrestling match, every football scrimmage, every PTA meeting--she always had my back. Thanks for that mom.
- Please keep an eye on the Brazilian Wax.
- It could be worse!
- The Russell 2000 failed (so far) right where it "had" to (RUT 620).
- Your tax money hard at work!
- Housekeeping! We're just about set to roll out a slew of new professors in the 'Ville. We've got four fantastic additions lined-up and we're dotting the "I's" and crossing the "t's." Furthermore, for those who've been banging on the door for information regarding Minyans in the Mountains, we may have further information as early as next week. We're shaking up the mojo this year and I trust that you'll "see" why we've been so very busy behind the scenes.
- I'm gonna juggle this struggle and head back to the Buzz for the rest of the week. As it stands-and as I stand-I still have two legs in my metaphorical bear costume (50% conviction on the short side) with a stop above S&P 1205. As I doubt that we'll see a sharp Snapper into the close (the internals are paving the way through Red Dye), I'll likely stride home wearing the fur. Jeez, I sure hope my weekend plans include air conditioning!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter