More Random Thoughts!
Fare ye well into the bell!
- Taking a page out of the Thain playbook, Congress is looking to extend daylight savings by 2 months (due to higher Oil).
- General Motors (GM) is pulling ads from the L.A Times due to critical stories? That'll show 'em for breaching the unwritten rules of corporatocracy!
- Vicks Vapor Rub?
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Something to do after the bars close? The Archipelago Exchange, the world's largest all-electronic stock exchange, today initiated its plan to open for trading at 4 AM Eastern Time for all U.S. listed and OTC stocks, following Securities and Exchange Commission approval." Minyan Michael Santoli
- Why does The Life and Death of Peter Sellers continue to resonate with me?
- Who's hungry?
- Bill DiPasquale unexpectedly came out of a two-week coma at Massachusetts General Hospital, five minutes after a friend whispered a message to him from their boss. The message: "You tell him to wake up, get out of bed, and get his ass back to work." (Boston Herald)
- Please note that we're back at the NDX 200-day (yawn!) and that's a level to note on a weekly close. If we can hold in here, the weekend press will declare today as "a spate of profit taking after a strong week and in front of earnings." It doesn't feel that way to me (hence the bear costume) but I've come to expect reactive rationalization.
- The critters smell an opportunity!
- The net fret continues although Google (GOOG) is trying to steady the ship.
- Speaking of Cliff Branch, the frisky financials are doing everything they can to hang tough and buoy Hoofy's handle.
- Bo don't know Roids!
- While I've shared the story of my father's sickness, I don't want to lose sight of the fact that my mother was the rock of Gibraltar throughout my childhood. Every lacrosse game, every wrestling match, every football scrimmage, every PTA meeting--she always had my back. Thanks for that mom.
- Please keep an eye on the Brazilian Wax.
- It could be worse!
- The Russell 2000 failed (so far) right where it "had" to (RUT 620).
- Your tax money hard at work!
- Housekeeping! We're just about set to roll out a slew of new professors in the 'Ville. We've got four fantastic additions lined-up and we're dotting the "I's" and crossing the "t's." Furthermore, for those who've been banging on the door for information regarding Minyans in the Mountains, we may have further information as early as next week. We're shaking up the mojo this year and I trust that you'll "see" why we've been so very busy behind the scenes.
- I'm gonna juggle this struggle and head back to the Buzz for the rest of the week. As it stands-and as I stand-I still have two legs in my metaphorical bear costume (50% conviction on the short side) with a stop above S&P 1205. As I doubt that we'll see a sharp Snapper into the close (the internals are paving the way through Red Dye), I'll likely stride home wearing the fur. Jeez, I sure hope my weekend plans include air conditioning!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter