Freaky Friday Randoms
- "Hoofy and Boo are ambassadors with diametrically opposed philosophies, but they're best of friends. They agree to disagree, winning one day and losing the next, knowing they'll be back. And in the end, it's all a game and we can all go back to our families and friends knowing we're putting up a great fight. Like I said, with each day, I used to end with the question, "what did I forget to do today?" Today, my day ends with "what did I do today and where will I go tomorrow?" Kevin Wassong, MV Prez
- "Florida, Arizona and Vegas - that's where everybody else is going too. It's kind of like the stock market, really," said Boggs.
- I remember sitting in Elios with Brian Reynolds, enjoying a glass of Brunello and listening to him talk about bogies on the horizon. Blink and ya missed it, the horizon is starting to edge closer.
- I slipped two legs into my metaphorical bear costume yesterday (50% conviction on the short side) as a function of the low volume lift to resistance, non-confirmations along the way and defined risk above. While I share Boo's concern that some of these levels have become a bit obvious (SOX 420, NDX 1500, S&P 1200), setting stops allows us to remove emotion and trade with discipline.
- Picking tops is as dangerous as picking bottoms.
- Labranche (LAB) is blaming unfavorable market conditions, lower volatility and program trading for their morning miss on earnings. While we'll never rub salt in anyone's wounds (not our style), I think this is an inevitable by-product of the State of the Art.
- A foreclosed conclusion.
- DAMN DRAM!
- I had drinks with a good pal (he happens to be a sharp gorilla) and he told me that he was buying value and shorting beta. I think that style ultimately wins but could face speed bumps along the way.
- Shifting the goal posts?
- I'm in Bernie's camp on the state of the Vols.
- Miss Piggy on Atkins?
- Greg Collins. The definition of tenacity.
- We power up this Friday pup to find that the world is a quiet place. It's been that way for the better part of the week (see the volume) and it remains to be seen if folks will wake up before our requisite respite. We're in "churn mode" (under resistance)--and I do have the fur on--but today may be all about posturing. We'll know soon enough--and I'll see you on the Buzz!
- Good luck today.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter