By Todd Harrison Apr 08, 2003 11:44 am
This is my type of tape!
- The Double Gap Ranch resides under S&P 875 and NDX 1045 and each time we tickle them, locals press the short side.
- Congrats to Roy Williams and a classy Kansas team on a phenomenal year.
- The fearsome foursome (dollar, bonds, crude, gold) are in no man's land.
- Fresh Ding Dong (Saddam is dead) chatter made the rounds earlier and caused that brief spike.
- I live my life by two main principles: good things happen to good people and everything happens for a reason.
- The breadth was drekky early and while it's not stellar, it started to turn the corner.
- Snoop Tone wrote a phenomenal morning piece.
- The banks have acted relatively dry all morning.
- I was having Raider flashbacks last night during the last few minutes of the game.
- The good news? When we find our way to the other side of this muck, we'll all be better traders for it.
- The hedge fund hot potato continues as funds usher QQQ and SPY back and forth.
- You know you're getting old when staying up until midnight to watch a game is considered pushing the envelope.
- I'm being told that the bigger hedgies are still short. It's one guy who's telling me but he would probably know.
- S's over N's (and BKX over SOX).
- VIX at 30 -- I think "stock replacements" (long or short) make a ton of sense here.
- Names I'm involved in? Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE), Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE), Procter & Gamble (PG:NYSE), UnitedHealth Group (UNH:NYSE) and Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) -- but please understand that I'm "trading around" my May puts.
- 'Cause I'm the MELO, the fellow, the one that likes to say hello....
- If you've never had a Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3, you're missing out on one of life's most simple pleasures.
- M Street musta been nuts last night.
- What stood out about yesterday's action? How quickly the bottom fell out of the market.
- If you're staring at the futures and buying, I mean selling, I mean buying, I mean selling -- dude, relax. You're holding onto the handlebars too tight.
- I sorely need a vacation. Why? Because I don't want to take one and that's when we need one most.
- Gerry McNamara -- are you kidding me?
- I received my Minyanville framed posters today and WOW! Casey continues to amaze me with her production abilities.
- Silk, Jeffrey, Silk.
- Oops, NYSE breadth edging back towards 2:1 negative.
- Everything in my trading bones tells me that further downside is a question of "when" not "if." That doesn't mean I won't try the upside at times, it just means I'll be quicker to take profits/cut losses if they start to trade lower.
- Hey Syracuse lacrosse, the bar has been raised!
- Why do I like May puts in names with twisty stochastics? Because they're good directional gauges and lousy timers. May buys me time.
- Over the years, I've learned how to ignore/avoid bad energy.
- I covered my short and went long Boeheim in '96 when he took an undermanned team to the final four.
position in qqq, gs, c, wmt, pg, unh, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter