Mind the gaps from the opening levels -- that's the fish-or-cut-bait zone for a lot of players.
- The fearsome foursome (dollar/gold/oil/bonds) are still equity positive, but they're way off earlier levels. Crude is actually flirting with an up day now!
- The market continues to be futures-led.
- I entered this year's NCAA tourney with low expectations for Syracuse and the boyz continue to step up. Can a team full of freshman go the distance? We'll find out tonight. Best of luck Orange!
- There are sell stops below S&P 895, if and when.
- Will corporate America be given the same free pass that Elmer got? And if so, WHEN will the pass expire in the collective mindset?
- Call me a hypochondriac, but I'm still concerned about the SARS virus and it's potential as a pandemic.
- I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!
- Watch Cisco (CSCO:Nasdaq)... it started to act a bit heavy on the heels of Extreme Networks (EXTR:Nasdaq).
- Neil Young and Crazy Horse comin' to the Garden. Nice.
- If Kansas wins tonight, I'll be happy for Roy Williams and his seniors.
- Can the market break through the downtrend line from last summer? It's unlikely with the stochastics this extended and sentiment as bullish as it is -- but stranger things have happened.
- If you could do anything for a living, what would it be?
- Next weekend's movie? Slapshot.
- The fear of missing has proven costly over the past few years. It's easy to remember that while the averages are down, but important to remember while the tape rallies.
- I went to the gym Saturday, walked around once and left. Just wasn't in the mood.
- Boo is pretty bummed out. I told him to pick his snout up and think positive. This could be the best thing that's ever happened to him.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter