Doin' It Bloggystyle: Trade Talk, We Are the World, Deep Macro Thoughts, Is It Safe?, Grease Lightning
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
- EWA: Australian for "ETF That Is On a Roll." Dave deserves a round of Foster's for this one.
- An interesting look at some QQQQ MA's through different time frames via Filtering Wall Street.
- Eight Ideas from Bill Rempel.
- Stock or options? Chris Perruna debates an NMX trade.
We Are the World
- "We're Number...65." The USA ranks 65th in terms of first quarter stock returns, via Ticker Sense.
- How would the 1st quarter returns look by region from the vantage point of the Hubble Telescope? Ticker Sense has that too (sort of).
- Roger updates some Iceland investments.
- Speaking of which, wassabi Björk, or as she is apparently known locally, Björk Guðmundsdóttir? Yes, that is the "Reykjavic Guðmundsdóttir's," not to be confused with the Boston clan by the same name, lol.
Deep Macro Thoughts?
- Are bonds (yields) set to pump up? Yes, says research firm Stone & McCarthy Research Associates, via the WSJ Market Beat.
- The big question though is if Bud Selig shows up as they chase history.
- SPY options are cheap compared to the stock volatility? A little bit of a misleading comparison says...me, actually.
Is it safe?
- "Zaile, Zaile"...I mean Sam Zell, is bidding for the Chicago Tribune. Contrary investing at its finest, wonders Peridot Capitalist.
- Steve Smith on The Brave New World of Portfolio Margining.
- Subprime Contagion? It may be spreading after all says Naked Shorts.
Working for the Weekend
- Overweight kids in Japan? (Hat Tip, Muckdog).
- In order to encourage better eating, two Health Ministy officials are blogging about their own weight loss efforts. One has lost 4.2 kgs, and the other 4.4. Which translates to...? I really should have paid attention back in grade school when they told us we would be all metric by now.
- Let's say you have a Russian ex-pat in custody and need answers quickly, but you haven't had a minute to stop for some coffee for yourself. Problem? No more, now that "24 Jolt Energy Gum" is here. "Chew More, Do More."
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter