By Todd Harrison Apr 05, 2004 12:09 pm
I'm diggin' this tape!
- Despite the prescient pick of UCONN and Georgia Tech in my Final Four pool, it looks like Fokker will take this year's top prize. And, to correct a momentary lack of judgment last week, I must stick to my guns (original pick) and root for the Huskies tonight.
- Derivative bubble discussion.
- Perception is reality in our business and the perception of more robust job growth will likely suck fresh money into the Minx. The reality, however, is that the composition of the BLS reports is....how shall I say, subjective? That may not matter in the short term--folks believe what they wanna believe--but be wary of pied pipers bearing gifts.
- The brokers have started to pick up the pace of their slippy trip (and stalled right at their 50-day moving average (XBD 708)).
- Gene Hackman was good in Runaway Jury...but my favorite role of his is still in Young Frankenstein (blind hermit).
- SOX 500 (former resistance) will act as initial support.
- The pick-up in volatility in asset classes across the board has been a wink to equity investors that similar swings may be in the offing.
- Note the nastola action in the homies (HGX). They're very (rate) sensitive and have continued to come for sale.
- I would like to welcome the talented Mr. Collins to the News & Views.
- The Minyanville Ambassador program is kickin'! If you would like to earn while you learn and joining the MV inner circle, give us a ping and we'll give you the scoop!
- It's uber-quiet out there today...and it's gonna get increasingly thinner as the bell (Passover) and week (Easter) draws closer
- "If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President
- The dollar index continues to build on its gains (+1%) while the metals retrench.
- A happy and healthy holidays to all ye faithful Minyans around the globe.
- The Fed's Poole (Comanche Indian) will speak tomorrow at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock.
- I've long said that my greatest strength is the recognition of my weaknesses.
- Note the action in Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE).
- I fell asleep during the Soprano's last night--right as Tony and Adriana were eyeballin' each other.
- The Trannies are edging closer to a pretty strong stochastic sell signal.
- Nortel (NT:NYSE) sentiment did a round trip in the first quarter.
- Professor Succo is travelin' this week. FYI.
- Minyan trivia: What college did Ray Kinsella attend? The first correct answer will win a snazzy new Minyanville tee!
- If you haven't figured it out yet, yesterday was daylight savings time.
- We're looking for an FX and energy professor--if you've got any suggestions, please let us know.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE).
- Anybody can be a pal when things are good. But you find out who your true friends are when the going gets tough.
- Who would you cast for the lead roles in the upcoming Ron Howard adaptation of The Da Vinci Code?
- Syracuse will only lose their back-up center next year and will add two diaper dandies to their squad.
- Quiet is as quiet does, Forrest. Somebody call Jenny!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter