More Random Thoughts!
Here comes earnings season!
- Pull up a 10-day chart of the NDX. There's a "reverse head and shoulders" camp out there but if the NDX breaks 1045, the potential pattern is negated.
- Keep an eye on treasuries here -- they're creepin' while you're sleeping.
- Did some channel checks on the flow. Hearing from one of my best guys that it's ALL program-related on the buy side, the gorillas are deathly quiet (out of ammo) and -- this surprised me -- the big hedge funds are all still short. I'm gonna do a little work on this last one as I was under the impression that the big boys got squeezed out into March expiration. Stay tuned.
- I'm hearing that Miller Light is pitching Daisy and Phoebe Cates for their new ad campaign. Into the mud pit!
- Yes, this tape is VERY programmy.
- The NYSE breadth has been constructive all day. Regardless of posture, we must note that.
- Dollar. Crude. Gold. Bonds. Equities. Got it?
- The VIX is starting to make a move.
- MSFT is trading heavy today.
- Citigroup has been dry today.
- Fokker was late to work today -- something about the bus or traffic or the sun was in his eyes or the dog ate his homework. Whateva. My conspiracy theory is that he overslept after stalking the waitress from Q-Lounge!
- Brian nailed the bond-to-stock trade.
- Everything is coolio with the Margarita Mama -- thanks to all the ol' school Minyans for asking.
- Oh cool -- earnings season is about to begin. Good thing we've had these last few relaxing weeks to ready ourselves!
- Good luck to the Syracuse Orangemen this weekend. You're playing a very talented bunch from Texas. May the best team win.
- The Craw!
- Prayers to our soldiers as they battle through the weekend.
- Here comes the ramp attempt -- let's see if Snapper has the juice.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter