I love the Red Sox!
- The tape acts firmer than a college cheerleader and I'm keying off the banks. The SOX, meanwhile, is sluggo and that's leading to an S's over N's type of day.
- As the Dow is the "laggard," I rented some Dow Diamonds (DIA:Amex) as an upside hedge vs. my cheap paper (if and when). Full disclosure: I am actively trading, so please don't read into what I'm saying, I'm simply sharing the process.
- Good luck to cousin Richard Mandelbaum!
- S&P 910, Dow Jones 8450 and NDX 1100 are the technical support lines in the sand and can be used as "stop levels" on your longs (bulls) or upside hedges (bears).
- When will the dollar start to matter? When everyone thinks it doesn't matter anymore.
- The breadth has improved and is now almost 3:2 positive on the NYSE.
- Watch Tyco (TYC:NYSE) as a huge market tell.
- If I stuck with the Shim Sham, I'd be stylin' and profilin'. Then again, if wishes were knishes, I'd be pushin' 250 lbs.
- Storage trades firm (QLogic (QLGC:Nasdaq)).
- It's important for Minyans to understand that I actively "trade around" my book (thesis) when intraday opportunities arise. Example: I own Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE) June 70 puts and "rented" some underlying, delta neutral, this morning. While my big picture thesis on the financials remains uber-furry, I will dance until I see the whites of their eyes.
- There are more signatures coming on the all-star guitar!
- I miss summer camp.
- If you want to play the low vols, you don't have to bet directionally -- you can play delta neutral. You don't understand what I'm saying? Talk to professor... ah, I'll tell ya tomorrow.
- The Mavericks are fun to watch. Did you guys see that WSJ article last week on Mark Cuban? What a trade!
- Stock picking vs. tape calling will differentiate performance in a big way in the year ahead.
- Fokker has done some impressive work in the "Dow vs. Gold" trade (on a per unit basis). I'll try and get a chart up soon -- he's such a proud boy!
- Troy Hudson?
- In viewing the market -- cycles, phases, trends and nuances -- it's important to match your risk profile to your time horizon.
- Remember The Dating Game? Where was the strangest place you've ever made "whoopee?" That would have to be .. ... ...., Bob!"
- I'm still stunned by the gestures of our fellow Minyans Jordan, Doug and Jed. That's VERY cool!
- The more people think that we're in a new bull market and the worst is behind us, the more bearish that is. That's not today's business, per se, but it's worth putting out there.
- Who did Jack replace when he moved in with Janet and Chrissie? The first correct answer sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org get's a free Minyanville tee!
- Let's get our troops home!
- For the record, I am a Knicks fan and a Rangers fan. While Syracuse and the Raiders did me proud (Superbowl performance notwithstanding), I am not the bandwagon type. I'll suffer with my teams -- I did so with Oakland for many years -- it only makes the victory sweeter when it finally happens.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter