Dr. Jon is getting married Toddo? Man, you really ARE getting old!
- My systems went down for half an hour immediately after I posted the last piece. What did I do? I took a deep breath, stretched a bit, glared at Fokker and used the time to make some calls. The common theme? Everyone I spoke with is scared of missing the rally.
- The hardest part about trading gamma as a bear is buying them when they're down.
- I've got a pimple right on the tip of my nose. I mean, honestly, I'm 33 years old -- what's that all about?
- N's over S's today.
- Congrat's to Dr. Jon and Susan on their pending nuptials!
- It's always a new paradigm -- until it's not.
- There's a thin line between selling hope and fighting the tape. Each trader must draw that line for themself.
- Reuters is reporting that a U.N. envoy says there is a "real potential" for the North Korea crisis to escalate into war. This is a textbook example of the importance of the psychological and structural influences in the market. If people don't want to focus on it, they won't. If there's a large allocation trade into equities, it'll swallow the hedge fund supply. Stay tuned.
- The most important tell for equities? The U.S. dollar.
- For the first time in many years, I've given thought to moving out of the city.
- The BKX bears watching.
- If I had all the answers, my friends, I would gladly share them with you.
- Much love to the Margarita Mama today -- I'm with you in spirit.
- If your mood is directly correlated to your P&L, you need a dose of perspective.
- In bear cycles, traditional trading methodologies don't work. That's why we must always adapt to the market.
- The difference between respecting the action and deferring to it? I'm factoring the constructive minxy mood into my stylistic approach (respect). If I simply bought stocks because everyone else is, I'd no longer have a catalyst if the tape turns lower -- and that's a bad place to be.
- I think I need to pencil some time to spiritually refocus. Sammy, call Miraval!
- Writing my opening piece today was cathartic.
- If the S&P is at 650 in two months, we'll look back and say that it was obvious. If the S&P is at 1000, we'll look back and say that when the market didn't go lower on those obvious concerns, it was "telling" upside sign.
- If you're staring at every tick, you're likely too big in that position.
- Good traders make money, great traders know how to take a loss.
- Tony has become more than a fellow Minyan -- he's become my brother.
- Does anybody else think that Brig. General Vincent Brooks looks like T-Mac?
- Let's go Orange!
- Discipline has it's costs: I've been stopped more often than Martin at his high school prom!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter