By Todd Harrison Apr 29, 2004 11:56 am
Breadth remains fairly balanced
- First you trade the Cadillac for a microphone. Then you lie to me about the band. Now you're gonna put me right back in the joint!
- A site for sore eyes.
- Break out the Kangols, Adidas sweats, and rope chains and listen to Fleck Rap.
- From Phil "my pockets" Erlanger's excellent morning missive: "In terms of short selling, we do indeed see elevated short selling, but far from levels associated with major market lows. Additionally, the volatility indices remain near historically low levels."
- More food for fodder.
- S&P 1116 and NDX 1434 are the April lows (and bottom of the recent trading range)
- This is over a year old but it's a fascinating read nonetheless.
- Friends with Dan Meehan? Then why didn't you get an invite to his margaritafest on Saturday night?
- In 1991, Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, told Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (Thanks Joe Halwax)
- Succo wrote an awesome explanation of the carry trade.
- If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- Most major index stochastics are pointing lower (although not from an optimal 'signal' standpoint >80). Please also note that the XOI (oil) and BTK (biotech) crossed at the top (sell signal), the BKX is twisting at the bottom (bullish BUT we need to note that they twisted at the top the entire way up) and the SOX is (slowly) approaching buy territory. (not advice)
- The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are palindromes (the same whether they are read left to right or right to left).
- SOX 450. A'ight?
- Nortel (NT:NYSE) sucked alotta folks into the same ol' trap. Remember, the only difference between a mistake and lesson is the ability to learn from it.
- The dollar is off its lows, the metals are off their highs, bowling averages are way up and mini-golf scores are way down.
- Carrie is the fly in the bullish metal ointment.
- Yesterday the semis planted the seed of hope (before sliding down the slippery slope). Today the banks are giving thanks but will they save us from getting spanked?
- A pro Dan, (yeah, yeah), is...kinda how ya think of yourself. Catch my drift?
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC:NASD) is now 33% off its high. (heckuva call John Roque)
- Another lunch meeting. Joe Dimaggio eat your heart out!
- Respect the price action but never defer to it. If you did that, you'd buy up and sell down. Proof positive? Taser Int'l (TASR:NASD). It went from hero to goat in two short weeks.
- You'll never be long enough when they rally or short enough when they fail. Understanding that now will save you alotta second guessing later.
- Overtrading can lead to death by a thousand paper cuts.
- Sport your favorite critter as spring fever hits!
- Put...the candle...back.
- The Russell 2000 is ticklin' April lows. Through there and the March lows (20 handles lower) come into play.
- Do we say "not advice" too much? Maybe--but I would rather be redundant than have a new Minyan misinterpret our mission.
- If you think that your firm (or your clients) would dig the 'Ville, become a Minyanville Ambassador and take 20% off the top!
position in qqq, silver
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter