- The brokers are getting hit on increased worries of class-action lawsuits. My big-picture bear thesis in the group is predicated more on derivative issues and margin pressures but these clouds don't help.
- Confidence is an essential element of successful trading.
- Click here if you want to take a look at the kick-ass Minyanville charity guitar! The critters were a little pissed that they weren't asked to sign but Mr. Buffett takes precedence. Sorry guys.
- I told Snoop Tone this morning that I have a really hard time believing that June puts -- at this level of volatility -- won't pay off in spades. The risk is that we're kicking off an new bull market. At these level of valuations on the heels of the world's biggest bubble? I'll fade that thought process.
- My dad, who's in New York for the first time in many years, spent the better part of yesterday at ground zero paying his respects. I plan on sharing a story with my fellow Minyans but be forewarned, it's about life -- not finance.
- The BTK (biotech index) is about to give a stochastic sell signal.
- How many traders are waiting for the month-end rally to sell into?
- My college pledge name was Spooge. Don't ask.
- When I refer to "cheapie" out-of-the-money puts, I generally mean that they cost less than a dollar.
- The banks led us up -- are they now leading us down or is this the pause before BKX 800 finally gives?
- There's a lot of positive Cisco (CSCO:Nasdaq) chatter floating around (I'm not involved at present).
- The German DAX paused at our ol' buddy 3000.
- Trading "on" economic numbers is a dicey proposition.
- Critters on ice!
- DXY 98ish (dollar index) is the March low. We're at 98.07 right now.
- Make-up sex with an ex is awesome... unless you're not involved in the process.
- There are a couple more surprise signatures coming on the guitar!
- It doesn't matter which faith you practice as long as it helps you to become a better person.
- If S&P 911 breaks, look for S&P 900 in a hurry.
- Breadth hangs tough.
- I remain resolute in my big picture bearish beliefs. Profitability, however, will be dictated by the path we take to reach our destination.
- With that said, and as a function of my defined risk paper, dollar lethargy, pervasive bullishness and widespread complacency, I'm slipping that leg back into my bear costume (makes one appendage, or 25% conviction). I realize I may be (read: am likely) early on this go round but if nothing else, I am honest with my readers.
- Engine room, more steam!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter