By Todd Harrison Apr 27, 2004 12:16 pm
There's no inflation. Just ask the bubble boy!
- Did you hear about the dyslexic rabbi who walked around saying 'yo'?
- Hoofy better dust off his Harvard tie!
- S's over N's.
- The SOX struggle continues (at the 200-day moving average).
- Carmello Anthony promised to buy his teammates Rolexes if they made the playoffs (back in October) and recently paid on his bet. Class act.
- Will higher rates be a function of stronger economic growth or inflationary pressures? Answer that, my friends, and it'll shape the clay a bit.
- Hearts and kidneys are tinkertoys. I'm talking about the central nervous system!
- Remember Minyans, sentiment extremes are contrary indicators.
- Doesn't Martha feel silly now?
- Ruby's passing was three years ago last week. Still, I feel as close to him as I ever have.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) remains the most important stock in the minxy market.
- What the heck do you use palladium for?
- Now I can't get that song out of my head. Stop the madness!
- The Egyptians trained baboons to wait on tables. There's hope for me yet!
- Always remember..Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people.
- The dollar is taking the day off.
- I have to remind myself every day to enjoy life's journey. It's a constant task but the mindset (and mindful thinking) is its own reward.
- Adam Brodsky has accepted a new job and will soon be moving to the windy city. His Minyanville family is extremely proud of him and we wish him continued success in his professional endeavors. As a result of move, however, he will no longer be penning Breakfast with Brodsky. He'll likely swing by with a farewell piece but please join me in a collective "Fare ye well!"
- NYSE breadth continues to act spiffy.
- Driller? I don't even know 'er! Watch the oil service names (yes, the drillers) as they approach OSX 110 (March highs).
- Elmer on the tape saying that he sees higher long-term oil and nat gas prices. That 'could alter' US energy usage and 'effect spending plans.' He also sees 'significant' effects on business investment. But don't worry Minyans...there's no inflation.
- Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells!
- My quest for the world record for consecutive lunch meetings continues today. Shoes are off and fish is comin'. Noice!
- Most of my stochastics are middle of the road with the exception of the XAU (twisty bullish) and the CYC, CMR, BTK and NDX (crossing bearish). Please remember that these aren't timing instruments. Just ask Boo!
- Straight outa Compton...
- I WAS kidding about the tie, Snoop. Or maybe I'm just clairvoyant!
- I am keeping uber tight stops on my cheapie upsides. Yes, they ARE cheapies but there's nothing worse than worthless paper.
- Did anyone ever figure out who let the dogs out?
position in qqq, imcl, c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter