Doin' It Bloggystyle: Phasers on Stun, Watching the Charts, Past Not So Perfect
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
It's life Jim, just not as we know it.
Really this time. "For the first time astronomers have discovered a planet outside our solar system that is potentially habitable, with Earth-like temperatures, a find researchers described Tuesday as a big step in the search for 'life in the universe.'"
Anyway, Key Reversals Anyone?
- Amazon (AMZN) to the Moon? Or time to buy some puts, wonders usually bullish Bullish Jim.
- Full disclosure: I went short strangles yesterday. Covered with some stock after the bell. Sold that stock back out. Bought some back this morning. Sold it back out and covered my call shorts. Then shorted stock, bought ATM calls and shorted OTM puts.
- I'm exhausted just typing that, much less all the trading, lol.
- A real reversal. How about this change to the middle seat on airplanes? The Stalwart has the prototype.
Watching the Charts
- Some breakout candidates from Simply Options Trading.
- Ugly Chart on the not so ugly Russell.
- Downtown Trader on the SOX.
- The Trading Goddess with the bottom line on EDAC.
Past Perfect? Not Exactly
- A Dash of Insight with a history lesson for Wall Street researchers.
- Bottom line: Don't overlay a chart from the Taft Administration with today and expect it to repeat the pattern.
- Totally agree. It's a pet peeve of mine when someone compares today's VIX with one from 1990, or whenever. Volatility today has little in common with an era before ARCA and decimals and ETF's and multiply listed products across asset classes, all of which you can access with a mouse click.
Some Odds and Ends
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter