If the banks, breadth and dollar don't firm, I may not be able to treat Daisy to her day of beauty (not that she needs it!)
- There's low level chatter of an P.C, inventory build.
- I spit out my grapefruit juice as I watched Snoop's kids on CNNfn. That was AWESOME!
- FASB is kicking around the need to expense stock options. That's a potentially "impactful" decision -- put it on your radar, Radar.
- In a depressed tape, bad news that's not horrible is considered a positive. In an extended tape, good news that isn't great is a negative.
- Have you taken a stroll down Main Street lately?
- Breadth skidding a bit and is currently 2:1 negative in the NYSE.
- The German DAX stopped rallying at our ol' friend 3000.
- Uncle Buck is still my favorite movie of all-time.
- If (big if) NDX 1100 doesn't hold, watch 1080 as the next congestion area.
- Ego has no place in the trading process.
- When you see what we're doing with the University of Minyanville, you'll start to "get" where we're going with this community. As we grow and continue to attract new citizens, more content will be rolled out with a much broader scope of interest. What am I tawkin' about? Stick around!
- I have a lot of friends in Toronto. This SARS is no joke.
- I was surprised at yesterday's bull/bear reading.
- Jason at Sentimentrader.com and Kevin at Dorseywright.com offer great analysis with a different bent.
- Do you remember that guy in Crazy People who walked around saying "hello" all the time?
- The market is very complacent.
- My trading, while tight, continues to be from the short side.
- I had dinner with one of the smartest people on the street a few days ago. While discussing the VIX, he made a case for removing the "tails" of the last three years and maintained that the vols are still too high. His thesis was (partially) predicated on a historical median variance within each sector. I don't agree with him -- and I say that with the utmost humility -- but I always like to see both sides of every trade.
- Minyans are in a frenzy and want to know if Daisy sounds like Emma Crosby. Oh behave!
- It's better to be lucky than smart.
- It's better to be happy than wealthy.
- It's better to be anything but a Fokker.
- The dollar continues to slide lower and is eyeing the March lows (DXY).
- The next time you're in a Chinese restaurant and the waiter comes over, kneel behind the table, lift your head just above it and say "Peking duck!?!"
- If this SARS thing continues to continue, we'll look back at VIX 24 as the gift of all gifts.
- Will the Cubs win a World Series before the Red Sox?
- Can you imagine how small a ticket for the flea circus must be?
- If anybody went to Wayne Hills High School, I'm looking for confirmation that A.J. Vaccarino was, in fact, an all-American QB (as he says). Personally, I believe him but Fokker thinks he's too small.
- EVERYBODY is focused on S&P 905 and NDX 1100.
- UMV professors will be announced May 1 and classes will start a few weeks after!
- I used to love Abbott & Costello when I was a kid. Man, I'm really showing my age now!
- Aside from Neil Young and a quasi Dead tour, are there ANY decent concerts this summer?
- Has anybody actually tried Gevalia Kaffe?
- When's the last time you treated your significant other to a romantic weekend away?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter