By Todd Harrison Apr 21, 2004 11:45 am
- I coulda told you this years ago!
- Who knew that nipples were such buzz word!
- But I thought it was over?
- From our pal Snoop Tone: "Today's internal readings suggest excesses have been relieved. OEX: 27% overbought, 33% oversold. NDX: 25% overbought, 31% oversold. Prior extreme OB readings in NDX led to 5-6% immediate pullbacks. So far we've seen a 4.7% slip."
- Too many people are looking for the right person rather than trying to be the right person.
- Intel (INTC:NASD) is on the tape saying that they convert their Arizona factory from 200 mm to 300 mm wafer fabs. Watch the semicaps on this news.
- Remember, Minyans, when it's thin and whippy, it sometimes helps to decrease the size of your trading positions. It allows for a bit more flexibility and loosens the all-important handlebar grip.
- Bonds. Barry Bonds. But will an asterisk will follow his name through history?
- I've been eyeing silver "six half" ($6.50) for a while and it's there now. I've dipped my wick, so to speak, and share this with educational intent. Patience generally brings price and, if not, opportunities are made up easier than losses.
- I don't trade the size I used to. Just call me "Todd lot."
- Breadth on the big board is 2:1 negative (flattish Nazz).
- Fannie (FNM:NYSE) has dribbled through its 200-day.
- If you're not readin' the Buzz, you're missin' some of the best content.
- Wouldn't it be great if that biology student from Young Frankenstein got up and said "But isn't it truuuuue, Mr. Greenspan...."
- There aren't many folks in this business classier than Berko.
- What was it that Jackie Mason said? "I told my wife she looked like a hooka and she said 'you really think so?!?'"
- Elmer "will act as necessary" to limit inflation and offers that the economy is in a "period of more vigorous expansion." Still, and in an effort to quell fears, he also opines that "broad based US inflation is not yet building." Has he taken a cab...or gone to the doctor...or bought anything lately? If he keeps this up, he'll earn the nickname "bubble boy." It was the moops!
- I slept funny and woke up with a Niedermeyer neck. I thought you said there were blanks in that gun!
- Metal head chatter.
- More metal head chatter!
- The Raiders need a running back and it doesn't look like it's gonna be Maurice Clarrett.
- Gold has (thus far) held its 200-day at $392.
- I'm a Mog--half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!
- The technical picture doesn't bode well for the bulls BUT there was some pressing into yesterday's close. That flow
(supply/demand) will help dictate the rest of today's maze.
- Lotsa bears are "leaning" against S&P 1123, fyi, so keep half an eye on that level if/when. "Sell stops" likely rest below today's low (S&P 1116) .
- Is Ron Artest top ten?
- "Mr. Stanwyk's parents Marvin and Velma of Provo, were unable to attend the wedding. Those are three names I enjoy; Marvin, Velma, and Provo."
- Did I mention today the importance of the financials in the Minxy equation? BKX 94.40 is the monster (200-day) level, if and when.
position in silver, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter