If I knew it was gonna be this slow, I woulda stayed in the park!
- I can't watch Owen Wilson in a movie without thinking of Hansel.
- Fokker ordered lunch from a place that is honoring "administrative professionals." With every order, he get's a silk rose. I'm debating whether to make him wear it behind his left ear.
- The BKX (bank index), XBD (brokers), retailers and transport stochastics are flirting with fresh sell signals. The biotechs (BTK) are toying with a stochastic buy signal.
- When you lose your feel -- and it happens to the best of us -- cut your risk profile down (or flatten) and clear your head.
- Pop Quiz: What college did "Cush" attend before booting Jerry and heading for the riches of the NFL? The first correct answer sent to email@example.com wins your choice of a free Minyanville tee!
- Earnings after the close today: Capital One Financial (COF:NYSE), Sanmina (SANM:Nasdaq), Sprint (FON:NYSE) and Silicon Graphics (SGI:NYSE) (among others). Tomorrow morning: Baker Hughes (BHI:NYSE), Charles Schwab (SCH:NYSE), Eli Lilly (LLY:NYSE), Harrah's Entertainment (HET:NYSE), HCA (HCA:NYSE), Kimberly-Clark (KMB:NYSE), Lockheed Martin (LMT:NYSE), Pfizer (PFE:NYSE), Schering-Plough (SGP:NYSE), Schlumberger (SLB:NYSE), UPS (UPS:NYSE) and Viacom (VIA:NYSE) (among others).
- Watch the S&P breadth as it edges back into positive territory.
- The dollar has pared its gains somewhat in muted trading.
- C--come on over. A--anytime. N--now. O--OK? E--etcetera.
- It is very thin and very quiet out there. Typically, in tapes like this, the edge goes to the critter with the most recent mojo.
- I just read two comprehensive technical market analysis pieces that reached completely opposite conclusions.
- There should be more bank holidays.
- Aside from hedge fund buying of E.T.Fs near the opening, I've seen precious little flow today.
- And just like that, summer is around the corner.
- Build it... and they will come.
- Have you overtraded today?
- Meditation is one of the most difficult things I've ever tried to do.
- Pepe the techie told me he was out with his friends from France and, as it turns out, they were Minyans. That's pretty cool!
- I think it's wrong that they won't list SPY options. Evidently, they don't want to take business away from the S&P options (and the wide spreads).
- I vote to get Emma more airtime on CNBC.
- I'm not sure if it's a function of maturity or exhaustion, but I much prefer to stay home on Friday nights rather than run around.
- The NBA playoffs are much more exciting than the regular season but they can't hold a candle to the NCAA tourney.
- Where does the phrase "can't hold a candle" come from?
- There's nothing goin' on 'cept the rent.
- Who didn't read Where the Sidewalk Ends or Where the Wild Things Are when they were kids?
- Why do they call Monkfish the poor man's lobster?
- Crude sneaking higher again.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter