By Todd Harrison Apr 21, 2003 12:26 pm
If I knew it was gonna be this slow, I woulda stayed in the park!
- I can't watch Owen Wilson in a movie without thinking of Hansel.
- Fokker ordered lunch from a place that is honoring "administrative professionals." With every order, he get's a silk rose. I'm debating whether to make him wear it behind his left ear.
- The BKX (bank index), XBD (brokers), retailers and transport stochastics are flirting with fresh sell signals. The biotechs (BTK) are toying with a stochastic buy signal.
- When you lose your feel -- and it happens to the best of us -- cut your risk profile down (or flatten) and clear your head.
- Pop Quiz: What college did "Cush" attend before booting Jerry and heading for the riches of the NFL? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org wins your choice of a free Minyanville tee!
- Earnings after the close today: Capital One Financial (COF:NYSE), Sanmina (SANM:Nasdaq), Sprint (FON:NYSE) and Silicon Graphics (SGI:NYSE) (among others). Tomorrow morning: Baker Hughes (BHI:NYSE), Charles Schwab (SCH:NYSE), Eli Lilly (LLY:NYSE), Harrah's Entertainment (HET:NYSE), HCA (HCA:NYSE), Kimberly-Clark (KMB:NYSE), Lockheed Martin (LMT:NYSE), Pfizer (PFE:NYSE), Schering-Plough (SGP:NYSE), Schlumberger (SLB:NYSE), UPS (UPS:NYSE) and Viacom (VIA:NYSE) (among others).
- Watch the S&P breadth as it edges back into positive territory.
- The dollar has pared its gains somewhat in muted trading.
- C--come on over. A--anytime. N--now. O--OK? E--etcetera.
- It is very thin and very quiet out there. Typically, in tapes like this, the edge goes to the critter with the most recent mojo.
- I just read two comprehensive technical market analysis pieces that reached completely opposite conclusions.
- There should be more bank holidays.
- Aside from hedge fund buying of E.T.Fs near the opening, I've seen precious little flow today.
- And just like that, summer is around the corner.
- Build it... and they will come.
- Have you overtraded today?
- Meditation is one of the most difficult things I've ever tried to do.
- Pepe the techie told me he was out with his friends from France and, as it turns out, they were Minyans. That's pretty cool!
- I think it's wrong that they won't list SPY options. Evidently, they don't want to take business away from the S&P options (and the wide spreads).
- I vote to get Emma more airtime on CNBC.
- I'm not sure if it's a function of maturity or exhaustion, but I much prefer to stay home on Friday nights rather than run around.
- The NBA playoffs are much more exciting than the regular season but they can't hold a candle to the NCAA tourney.
- Where does the phrase "can't hold a candle" come from?
- There's nothing goin' on 'cept the rent.
- Who didn't read Where the Sidewalk Ends or Where the Wild Things Are when they were kids?
- Why do they call Monkfish the poor man's lobster?
- Crude sneaking higher again.
position in spy
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter