- A female pigeon can't lay an egg unless she sees another pigeon. If another pigeon isn't available, her own reflection in a mirror will suffice. Kinky!
- There's alotta blood on the Street's trading sheets.
- The average "life span" of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches.
- Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce another runner in the night.
- Reuters is saying that a tech issue mistakenly caused the wrong time stamp this morning and they did NOT break the embargo (by releasing it early). That doesn't explain the massive trading that occurred prior to 8:30am.
- N's over S's. You see it in the breadth, leadership (piggies and chips) and overall tone.
- Ellie Mae over Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE).
- The most important aspect of any relationship--work or personal--is trust. Without it, you've got no foundation with which to build.
- "Although the Fed will keep the Fed Funds rate low at all costs (unless they can't) and the curve will steepen in the very short end, what is more likely is that the "belly" of the curve, the 2 year maturities, will rise in rates faster than the long end. This will result actually in a flattening of this part of the curve. This is not really good for the banks and anyone with the "carry" trade on." -John Succo
- I hit 203 lbs and immediately ran as fast as I could in the other direction.
- My eyes keep flickering back to Citigroup (C:NYSE) as a tape tell.
- I had a dream last night that the Raiders drafted Larry Fitzgerald.
- The cyclicals are eyeballin' CYC 700 again.
- "For a check on the morning news, we turn to Minyanville correspondent Mandy Moore. Mandy?"
- The BKX 50-day is at 100.21.
- Yahoo! (YHOO:NASD) will "officially" kick off the earnings season next Wednesday.
- How come you get in a car but on a train, plane and bus?
- It's getting very quiet out there and Flow's Diner is empty.
- The longer the Minx stays up, the better chance she has of finishing up. The next few hours are pretty important in that regard.
- Global asset class volatility is picking up...but the VXO is down 7.5% today. Seems like a disconnect.
- Collins won't stop singing "Y.M.C.A." At least he left his headdress at home this time.
- The trannies caught alotta folks leaning the wrong way when it briefly broke its 200-day.
- It's been a long week but fatigue isn't a viable excuse to lose money. Four hours left, my friends, suck it up.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter