The Red Sox are on TV but the Green Sox are on my screens!
- While I'm a die hard Yankee fan (from the time I could walk), I gotta admit that the Sox look awfully tough. Last year, during the ALCS, I predicted that '04 would finally be the year that Boston takes the beans. That could very well happen--and it would make for a VERY happy Dan Meehan.
- Trading from the Roach Motel.
- On this day in 1933, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a proclamation that removed the U.S. from the gold standard and prohibited private ownership of gold.
- The semiconductor book-to-bill will be released this evening. I didn't know it was ever caught!
- Philip Mo, er, Altria (MO:NYSE), Bank One (ONE:NYSE), Lucent (LU:NYSE), Mellon (MEL:NYSE), Pfizer (PFE:NYSE), General Motors (GM:NYSE), Wells Fargo (WFC:NYSE) highlight tomorrow morning's parade.
- I woke up Saturday and--outta nowhere--jumped in my car and drove to Baltimore to surprise my niece and nephew. The look on their faces was well worth the eight hours in the car.
- We skipped from winter to summer in one fell swoop.
- What the hell is a fell swoop?
- N's over S's big-time.
- I'm not your brah.
- Collins suggested sushi today. Dude, I'm gonna offer up some free wisdom--never order raw fish on a Monday when it's over 80 degrees. I'll betcha if Roney did an analysis....
- If we trade sideways, you could make a strong case for reverse dandruff in both the S's and N's (positive).
- Law fought the law and the law won.
- John Succo said it best. "Debt acts like sand in the gears of the economy."
- Can you be prim without being proper?
- Traders have been trying to list SPY options for years but the CBOE won't do it because they're making such a vig on S&P options.
- The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper. One of my lawyers sent me that factoid....which is, in some ways, a bit troubling.
- The dot over the letter 'i' is called a "tittle".
- It's good to have Professor McGuirk back in action. He'll be posting shortly.
- The BKX stochastics have given a buy signal. They're NOT timing instruments--and can twist for a while--but it's an ingredient in the Minxy mix.
- Why do I get the sense that this summer won't be as tame as summers past?
- I've got it made, got it made, got it made...I'm hot for teacher.
- Jim Croce.
- Whenever I can "see" both sides of the Minx, I adjust my risk profile to reflect the diminished probability of a directional move.
- Crude is on the north side of $38/brl.
- The drugs are sedated today but biotech is flyin' high.
- How many randoms is this?
- I prolly shouldn't tell you this but the Yankee-Sox game is on (top of the 4th, 4-1 Yanks)
- If the eerie query holds true, the Minx will soon be black and blue.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter