By Todd Harrison Apr 19, 2004 12:16 pm
The Red Sox are on TV but the Green Sox are on my screens!
- While I'm a die hard Yankee fan (from the time I could walk), I gotta admit that the Sox look awfully tough. Last year, during the ALCS, I predicted that '04 would finally be the year that Boston takes the beans. That could very well happen--and it would make for a VERY happy Dan Meehan.
- Trading from the Roach Motel.
- On this day in 1933, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a proclamation that removed the U.S. from the gold standard and prohibited private ownership of gold.
- The semiconductor book-to-bill will be released this evening. I didn't know it was ever caught!
- Philip Mo, er, Altria (MO:NYSE), Bank One (ONE:NYSE), Lucent (LU:NYSE), Mellon (MEL:NYSE), Pfizer (PFE:NYSE), General Motors (GM:NYSE), Wells Fargo (WFC:NYSE) highlight tomorrow morning's parade.
- I woke up Saturday and--outta nowhere--jumped in my car and drove to Baltimore to surprise my niece and nephew. The look on their faces was well worth the eight hours in the car.
- We skipped from winter to summer in one fell swoop.
- What the hell is a fell swoop?
- N's over S's big-time.
- I'm not your brah.
- Collins suggested sushi today. Dude, I'm gonna offer up some free wisdom--never order raw fish on a Monday when it's over 80 degrees. I'll betcha if Roney did an analysis....
- If we trade sideways, you could make a strong case for reverse dandruff in both the S's and N's (positive).
- Law fought the law and the law won.
- John Succo said it best. "Debt acts like sand in the gears of the economy."
- Can you be prim without being proper?
- Traders have been trying to list SPY options for years but the CBOE won't do it because they're making such a vig on S&P options.
- The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper. One of my lawyers sent me that factoid....which is, in some ways, a bit troubling.
- The dot over the letter 'i' is called a "tittle".
- It's good to have Professor McGuirk back in action. He'll be posting shortly.
- The BKX stochastics have given a buy signal. They're NOT timing instruments--and can twist for a while--but it's an ingredient in the Minxy mix.
- Why do I get the sense that this summer won't be as tame as summers past?
- I've got it made, got it made, got it made...I'm hot for teacher.
- Jim Croce.
- Whenever I can "see" both sides of the Minx, I adjust my risk profile to reflect the diminished probability of a directional move.
- Crude is on the north side of $38/brl.
- The drugs are sedated today but biotech is flyin' high.
- How many randoms is this?
- I prolly shouldn't tell you this but the Yankee-Sox game is on (top of the 4th, 4-1 Yanks)
- If the eerie query holds true, the Minx will soon be black and blue.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter