More Random Thoughts
Why is today different from all others?
- I haven't seen much by the way of flow since the Philly Fed. Most of this price action is "futures led." (driven by the futures market)
- The dollar firmed on the report and that's given the bulls some confidence.
- Will there be a pocket of weakness before the long weekend or is the tape thin enough to be squeezed higher?
- Why did I nudge my stop higher? I wanted to give the "emotional volatility" on the heels of the Philly Fed a chance to work itself through. It was a fair thought -- but with no give (thus far) in the tape and the S&P 891 level being tickled, one appendage must come out (leaves one leg in the bear costume).
- When this ends, it's not gonna be pretty.
- Chocolate Macaroons are awesome.
- Breadth, which has been strong all day, continues to impress.
- The N's over S's continues as fund managers chase performance.
- Out-of-the-money options (cheap and getting cheaper) allow you to play a thesis (right or wrong) with defined risk.
- If you draw a trendline from the NDX intraday highs (from March 20), it intersects at NDX 1085.
- I'll be scooting near the bell for Seder part deux today... fyi.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter