If you're stressing over every single tick, you're likely positioned too big.
- The tape is particularly thin today in front of the long holiday weekend.
- The dollar has edged marginally higher.
- Defined risk, be it premium or stop levels, allows you to remove emotion from the trading process.
- Adam Sandler's earlier flicks were awesome... but the last few just didn't do it for me.
- Jason at Sentimenttrader.com has some nice stats regarding the holiday bias.
- A lot of macro hedgies are focusing on today's noon release of the Philly Fed.
- The weekly bull/bear: bulls 50.6% (vs. 51.1% last week), bears 30.3% (vs. 31.1%), correction 19.1% (vs. 17.8%).
- "Straight down" was too "easy" this morning. If (big if) the market is to close lower, it needed to flutter higher first.
- Do you remember those shiny Adidas shorts we used to wear at camp?
- Jam Master Jay.
- I sold 10,000 of the underlying QQQ in the real-time gamma trade we've been discussing. As we edge closer to the closing bell, the April 26 puts are worthless and I'm net long QQQ. Hence, the parceling out of the underlying.
- Of all the sports I played as a kid, wrestling required the most endurance.
- It's interesting (and a bit disconcerting) that I haven't heard anybody discuss "weekend risk" for the first time in months.
- DXY 99 is a "higher low" that the dollar bulls want to hold.
- Buying low (when you can) beats the pants off buying high (when you have to).
- Seems as if some money is rotating out of the consumer group as well.
- Stocks and bonds decoupled, eh?
- Was Atkins Jewish?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter