Random Thoughts Part 2
EVERYONE seems to be calling my name today
- There are a LOT of technicians focusing on today's close as an important "omen."
- I know you're busy, but make sure you take the time to tell everyone you love "happy holidays."
- The 200-day moving average in United Health Care (UNH:NYSE) is 87.55.
- Keep your eyes peeled for pin risk.
- Did anybody ever watch "Charles in Charge?" Man, that Scott Baio made out like a bandit, eh?
- The volume pace today is running well ahead of the last week or so.
- I've been making scaled, disciplined sales of some of my put exposure (vs. the recent "rolls"). While it remains to be seen if the bear thesis is correct, the mechanics of the swing dictate this course of action.
- As it stands, the tape feels like it's got an underlying bid -- but most everyone I speak with is expecting to see Snapper.
- The BKX (Bank Index) and SOX stochastics have turned from opposite sides of the field, looked up and yelled "hello!"
- Still no VIX jig. Man -- this is either a monster opportunity or a telling sign that times have changed. Remember, it's always a new paradigm -- until it's not.
- If you don't employ the proper scales entering a trade, you won't be able to scale out effectively.
- Is this a healthy pause or part of a topping process? It's alright to have a bias, but it's important to allow for a margin of error in your approach.
- The market has acted fabu but I can't shake the feeling that EVERYONE IS BULLISH.
- Nasdaq breadth turns negative. It's early... but it's interesting.
- When's the last time you had a jelly doughnut?
- In six months, when you look back at April 15, 2003, will you be happy with your decision-making process?
- What's the difference between being early and being wrong? Your time horizon.
- The FTSE never confirmed the upside this morning.
- While I was walking home last night (at 9 p.m.), I noticed how beautiful it was outside -- and I failed to enjoy a single minute of it.
- Wire reports are saying the SARS virus has made its way to Vegas. The gaming stocks seem to have heard that too.
- As it stands (and as of this post), the pattern of lower highs (since November) is still intact (S&P, NDX, INDU, SOX).
- I'm looking at that bear costume appendage (I currently have two legs in).
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter