- Injunction junction, what's your function? Workin' on ways to frustrate Softy...
- "We are simply a video game for God." John Succo
- Metal venting!
- If we're to dance with whom we came with, ignoring the fugly internals would reek of rationalization. I offered this morning that the ONE element that would worry me was wire-to-wire bunk breadth and that seems to be unfolding.
- "As an industry, many of us have been remarkably, unaccountably complacent," he said. "Certainly, I didn't do as much as I should have after all the excitement of the late 1990s. I suspect many of you in this room did the same, quietly hoping that this thing called the digital revolution would just limp along." -- Rupert Murdoch, News Corp CEO, Adweek interview April 14th, 2005.
- Imagine Susan's surprise when she walked in to find her husband making out with a chicken.
- Keep an eye on the piggies as Citigroup (C) gropes the 200-day
- It's S's over N's so Hoofy is focused on the S&P strength (using 1150-60 as support) and Boo is shooting fish in the tech barrel. If we lift, the former will lead and if not, the latter will bleed. That is a two-sided proposition, I know, but that's the world we live in.
- I still think ya wanna sell rallies but for the first time in a while, I was looking to buy dips this morning for a trade. Unfortunately, the tape didn't open as sloppy as Snapper would have liked.
- It's been a tough week for the chips.
- "Call it 'catching a falling knife' or 'picking a bottom' or whatever other derogatory term you wish, I like playing with the odds and right now the odds, to me, say that the risk/reward is tilted firmly to the upside, meaning that if we get any further smackage later today or Monday, I'm a buyer." -- Jason Goepfert on today's Buzz.
- Like the Yanks and Sox need more drama?
- The VXO opened up 8% this morning and was at its highest level since November. The fear index is now up 35% since Wednesday morning (and prolly due for a pullback).
- Charlie seems set with his post-coital ritual.
- As I was grabbing two cups of coffee at the corner kiosk this morning, I decided to surprise Fish with a chocolate doughnut. As I placed the order, the server gave me a confused look (I never order pastries). "It's not for me!" I quickly said, feeling like a teenager buying his first condom.
- "The Dow hasn't seen a 10% correction in two years. Don't get caught up in the short-term noise--focus on the broader context of our field position." -- Scott Reamer
- Folks seem to be waking up to the fact that the economy is slowing. The next revelation will be the acceptance that the traction was debt induced rather than organic growth to begin with.
- This is the single best graphical representation of the financials that I've ever seen.
- Ice Capades!
- Minyans in the Mountains will be held in Santa Barbara on August 18-21st. We'll have details in the coming weeks but please make sure to circle the dates. It's gonna be a cold stone groove man!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter