By Todd Harrison Apr 15, 2004 12:27 pm
Why can't they start a team called the Green Sox?
- Why do all grandparents refer to going to the bathroom as "bowel movements." That's nasty!
- A 48-year-old woman from Gambia was arrested at Gatwick Airport in England with 13 pounds of goat and snail meat and 172 pounds of catfish, and at Atlanta's airport, a whole smoked monkey was confiscated from a woman arriving from Cameroon for a wedding reception. A U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service official said these airport seizures are "only the tip of the iceberg" of the illegal importing of traditional meats. (Associated Press, Atlanta Journal-Constitution).
- I think it's safe to say that Citigroup (C:NYSE) remains one of--if not the--most important stock(s) in the equity universe.
- The Nazz breadth (2:1 neg) is leading to S's over N's action.
- Overtrading can turn any day into a disaster.
- I wouldn't leave her for nothin' (only a crazy man would) that's why i have to tell ya that I FEEL GOOD..WOOOO...ABOUT DAISY!
- Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl guard Larry Allen visited the Oakland Raiders Monday and Tuesday, and is going to Detroit for a visit Thursday with hopes of facilitating a trade before the draft.
- When the Philly Fed came out (better at 32.5 vs. 26.1), my eyes turned first to the bonds (instead of equity futures).
- When in doubt, sit it out. It'll save you over the long run.
- There's nothing semi about the semiconductor carnage. Fullconductors?
- I think it's important that we include discussions about Iraq and the 9/11 hearings in the 'Ville because they are potentially impactful. You always wanna see as much as you can before deeming, for yourself, whether it "matters."
- Along those lines, the (financial) cost of a prolonged occupation and increased deployment has to be factored into the deficit discussion at a point.
- Snapper just walked into my office with a piece of cardboard, put it on the floor, cranked up the LL and started break-dancing. Strange things afoot...
- The average apartment price in NYC is $998,900 (all time high).
- IBM (IBM:NYSE) takes center stage tonight
- Sammy's obviously a bitter critter as a function of the recent volatility.
- Hey Donald--You're Fired!
- Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you'd like to see?
- There is a huge difference between supporting our troops and supporting the war.
- Minyan paint ball!
- Drugs not hugs! The DRG index, after holding the 200-day moving average yesterday, is flying high. Safety dance?
- Pepe Depew chimed in to remind me that Citigroup will violate his point & figure trendline (from March 2003) if it trades to $48.5.
- The Nazz futes are fillin' the payroll gap (April 2nd).
- Succofest tonight and I'm psyched to chase a few geese at the Four Seas.
- The beauty of being A.D.D is that you never know what to expect when opening your refrigerator.
- If you're getting bullish when the screens are green and bearish when the red has spread, take a deep breath and a step back.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter