Why can't they start a team called the Green Sox?
- Why do all grandparents refer to going to the bathroom as "bowel movements." That's nasty!
- A 48-year-old woman from Gambia was arrested at Gatwick Airport in England with 13 pounds of goat and snail meat and 172 pounds of catfish, and at Atlanta's airport, a whole smoked monkey was confiscated from a woman arriving from Cameroon for a wedding reception. A U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service official said these airport seizures are "only the tip of the iceberg" of the illegal importing of traditional meats. (Associated Press, Atlanta Journal-Constitution).
- I think it's safe to say that Citigroup (C:NYSE) remains one of--if not the--most important stock(s) in the equity universe.
- The Nazz breadth (2:1 neg) is leading to S's over N's action.
- Overtrading can turn any day into a disaster.
- I wouldn't leave her for nothin' (only a crazy man would) that's why i have to tell ya that I FEEL GOOD..WOOOO...ABOUT DAISY!
- Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl guard Larry Allen visited the Oakland Raiders Monday and Tuesday, and is going to Detroit for a visit Thursday with hopes of facilitating a trade before the draft.
- When the Philly Fed came out (better at 32.5 vs. 26.1), my eyes turned first to the bonds (instead of equity futures).
- When in doubt, sit it out. It'll save you over the long run.
- There's nothing semi about the semiconductor carnage. Fullconductors?
- I think it's important that we include discussions about Iraq and the 9/11 hearings in the 'Ville because they are potentially impactful. You always wanna see as much as you can before deeming, for yourself, whether it "matters."
- Along those lines, the (financial) cost of a prolonged occupation and increased deployment has to be factored into the deficit discussion at a point.
- Snapper just walked into my office with a piece of cardboard, put it on the floor, cranked up the LL and started break-dancing. Strange things afoot...
- The average apartment price in NYC is $998,900 (all time high).
- IBM (IBM:NYSE) takes center stage tonight
- Sammy's obviously a bitter critter as a function of the recent volatility.
- Hey Donald--You're Fired!
- Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you'd like to see?
- There is a huge difference between supporting our troops and supporting the war.
- Minyan paint ball!
- Drugs not hugs! The DRG index, after holding the 200-day moving average yesterday, is flying high. Safety dance?
- Pepe Depew chimed in to remind me that Citigroup will violate his point & figure trendline (from March 2003) if it trades to $48.5.
- The Nazz futes are fillin' the payroll gap (April 2nd).
- Succofest tonight and I'm psyched to chase a few geese at the Four Seas.
- The beauty of being A.D.D is that you never know what to expect when opening your refrigerator.
- If you're getting bullish when the screens are green and bearish when the red has spread, take a deep breath and a step back.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter