By Todd Harrison Apr 15, 2003 12:43 pm
I like your tone!
- Those big (short) hedgies we talked about last week have been covering yesterday and today. I don't know if it's the start or the end, but regardless, it'll create demand in the near-term and remove it from the broader picture.
- The DXY (dollar index) is sitting right on support.
- Hot fudge sundaes blow away banana splits.
- There sure is a lot of anxiety out there today.
- I love Passover. Why? Cause I get to spend time with my family and feel my roots.
- Why do I get the sense that the Minx is gonna offer the technical green light before rolling over?
- Why is it that, when playing hoops, I can hit the nifty shots and an occasional three but I'll blow the lay-ups? Maybe I'll just match-up on A.J and my game will look Jordanesque!
- My contacts tell me that the vanilla gorillas remain on the sidelines. Does that mean they'll buy higher? Or does that mean this rally won't have the fuel to continue?
- I have never owned a hair brush. Seriously.
- If you're not seeing the ball clearly, take a step back and trade a little less. Every trader goes through cycles of "seeing it" and "not seeing it." The goal is to manage the blind times and prosper when the pitch is fat.
- EVERYONE is talking about the S&P breakout and I can't decide if that's bullish or very bearish. Prolly both?
- I'm not playing Altria (MO:NYSE) The vols are much too chubby for me.
- Are we having fun yet?
- In regard to my QQQ trade earlier, please understand that it's consistent with my current strategy. I own puts in a smattering of names and during the day, if necessary, I'll toss on some gamma and attempt to make hay while the sun shines. I'm simply sharing a methodology; that doesn't mean it's right for you.
- Note the S&P two-day trendline.
- This weekend marks the two-year anniversary of my grandfather's passing and I feel closer to him now than any other time in my entire life. I love you buddy.
- 3M (MMM:NYSE) has traded funky the last few days. Snoop pointed it out to me and he's right.
- Do your kids love the critters? The framed artwork is awesome and makes a welcome addition to any room!
- Beeks will drop off the consumer price index tomorrow. Expectations are .4% and .2% ex-food and ex-energy.
- Yes, the VIX traded in a range of 20 to 30 for a long time. What we need to figure out is if we're in a "new market" (and it's reestablished that range) or if that very thinking is the definition of complacency.
- It's important to take vacations in our business. Tell your boss!
- The NDX and S&P were at these levels last Wednesday.
- Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- I'd much rather have a discussion about the potential perils of the market while it's in rally mode. The problem is, most people don't want to talk about it until stocks are lower.
- I don't poke fun at many people (not my style), but the fact that some permabulls are running around with "I told ya so" attitudes is goofy.
- Merrill stands out as a sore thumb in the green brokers.
- Just remember -- you're a Mellon!
- Ally Sheedy was awesome in The Breakfast Club.
- Can "sloth" be spun positively?
- How am I "going into" Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq) and Intel (INTC:Nasdaq) tonight? Not sure yet. But with the field position of the N's as they are, I may keep my put exposure focused on the S-type names and set up (small) gamma in the QQQ.
- I believe in my heart that if we tossed Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) and Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE) on as shorts and come back in three to five years, we'll (at least) triple our money (not advice, just a thought). Hey -- we'd prolly have much more enjoyable days too!
- Dr. Dre was a lyrical genius.
- The more stochastics pretzel twist on any one side of the field, the more vicious the move is in the opposite direction (when it happens). There are some mighty twisted stochastics floating around the big board.
- Does the tape have a better chance of failing tomorrow if tonight's earnings are "good?"
position in qqq, fnm, gs
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter