More Random Thoughts!
If you want milk, you'll have to get through me first Toddo!
- Do you get pangs of "holy cow, they're rallying and I'm gonna miss 'em" each time the futures tick up? That's emotion, my friends, and it has no place in the trading process.
- Imagine if LeBron went to Syracuse and Carmello stayed?
- I met Mrs. Stanwyk (from Fletch) when I was in Los Angeles (on the way to the Superbowl). I couldn't help it. I asked her if we could buy her a drink and put it on the Underhill's tab.
- Do people follow technicals because they work or do they work because people follow them?
- Retail trades are surprisingly dry today. Didn't it trade dry last month when retail sales were released ,only to fall out of bed the next day?
- S&P breadth slowly improving.
- I can't elaborate on many of my conspiracy theories but I will say that some of them involve Princess Di, the plunge protection team (government intervention), SARS, TWA flight 800 and the role of media in American society.
- The first upside test for this tape will occur at S&P 875 and NDX 1045.
- Can the market rally nicely from here? Yes -- IF the news flow is quiet, IF investors want to look through, IF shorts start to scramble, IF we get some positive confirmation during earning's season or IF the economic data begins to uptick. I'm not in that camp, mind you, but you ALWAYS want to look at both sides of every trade.
- The pattern in the S&P in the first two weeks of April looks exactly like the pattern the last two weeks of March.
- There remains a very thin margin for error in our diplomatic efforts.
- The macro guides -- dollar, bonds, crude, gold -- are approaching a critical juncture and the implications for equities is huge.
- Joe Z man!
- Any help in spreading the Minyanville word continues to be most appreciated by the critters!
- Remember ultimate frisbee? Kick ball? Dodge ball?
- If Daisy was human, I'd snatch her up in a heartbeat.
- Boredom should never initiate positions.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter