By Todd Harrison Apr 10, 2003 11:22 am
- There's a gap in the BKX sitting below at 734 (works to 724).
- The dollar is a starting to slip -- watch this. It's my sense that this gauge will be the single best tell of our overall health in the days, months and years ahead.
- Why is it that we're always too short (long) when the tape rallies (fails) and never short (long) enough when the tape fails (rallies)?
- I shared my conspiracy theories with Mr. Joisy last night and I think I freaked him out a little.
- What is it about the AFLAC commercials that make me crave Shun Lee?
- Despite the flat NYSE breadth, downvolume is trumping upvolume 2:1
- A great quote from my uncle Sidney: "The only problem with doing nothing all day is that you never know when you're finished."
- Fokker is really hung over and he's slower than usual today. If he was moving any slower, he'd be going in reverse. Hey kid -- this is the big leagues and we play in pain!
- There's chatter on the street that Rummy is eyeing Syria next.
- Zero percent financing will come back to haunt the autos in a huge way.
- Can you imagine how psyched the first people to discover toilet paper were?
- I can guarantee my fellow Minyans one thing: There will be a point in the future when the stochastics are twisting along the bottom (bullish), the market is oversold (relatively) and nobody's gonna wanna buy 'em.
- If (big if) the NDX cracks 1020, we'll have our first "lower bottom" after four lower tops. The corresponding level in the S&P is 845. As it stands, however both are clinging to "higher lows."
- Bonnie Bernstein should have known better and I don't blame Roy Williams for verbally smacking her.
- Did anybody see Godzilla's grand slam Tuesday night? That was awesome!
- Brian Reynolds penned some important thoughts on Ford and GM yesterday. Worth a gander, Goose.
- The trick is to sell (buy) enough to honor thy discipline and keep enough to honor thy thesis.
- Watch the sneaky SOX.
- My bear leg? Function of time or function of price.
- I'm not involved in MO... too many moving parts.
- XBD (brokers) 200-day is 398. BKX (banks) 200-day is 744.
- The Internet was (ironically) the most deflationary instrument ever invented as it removes pricing power from virtually every segment of the economy.
- My niece and nephew are at that age where I can spoil 'em silly -- and I do. Am I bribing them for affection? Who cares... it feels awesome!
- I am hearing (can't confirm) that more of those S&P collars are being put on. That creates futures for sale and may have something to do with the lethargy in the marketplace.
- I had a spirited conversation last night with a large real estate player who tried to convince me that retail space in Manhattan is the place to be. I don't think he enjoyed my (humble) point of view.
- Pop Quiz: What high school did Jim Brown attend and what sport (other than football) did he excel in? First correct answer to firstname.lastname@example.org receives a free Minyanville Tee!
- After earnings season, I'm gonna let Calgon take me away.
- When's the last time you had a massage?
- Are there any Minyans in Jackson Hole, Wyoming or in Montana or in Telluride, Colorado? If so, please ping me -- I gots to talk to ya.
- Other than manicuring some risk and rolling some exposure, I haven't overtraded today.
- Sock Statue!
- My girlfriend from college -- circa 1989 -- emailed me yesterday after hearing of Minyanville in her gym in Boca. She opened the site, saw Boo and the cookies and asked me if it was a hang out for burned-out traders! I told her we welcome all types to our humble little town, so long as they've got positive energy.
- Daisy got propositioned in the Four Seasons last night and Hoofy almost got thrown out defending her honor! She doesn't look like... that... does she?
- Does it concern anybody else that there's not ONE republican guardsman in the entire city of Baghdad?
- Futures up 100 from here. Futures down 100 from here. Factor both potential scenarios into your risk profile, assign a probability to each and allow for a margin of error.
- I would have liked to see Emmit end his career in Silver and Black.
- Where the hell is Beeks?
- The very fact that there are so many optimists regarding the future of the economy (market) is inherently bearish.
- Watch the dollar here -- slip city.
- NAZZ breadth is now 3:2 negative
- Hey Fokker! Relax over there. I have seen this much ball-handling since the Celtics played the Knicks!
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter