By Todd Harrison Apr 01, 2004 11:49 am
Miss Piggy? Pah-leeze!
- Does a diet consisting of finger food slim your fingers?
- Despite the relative jig, the Minx is still ticklin' resistance (while eradicating the short base). Breadth is fabu, the leaders are leadin' and the momentum seems to be pickin' up. Still, these ceilings ain't appealing!
- I gotta admit that I had fun penning the morning missive.
- Note the pickup in the volatility of other asset classes. In the past, this served as a precursor to equity vol.
- What the hell are druthers?
- American International Group (AIG:NYSE), Verizon (VZ:NYSE) and Pfizer (PFE:NYSE) are being added to the Dow Jones. Is that a biggie? Not from a supply/demand perspective as funds aren't as "indexed" to the Dow as they are to the S&P or NDX.
- After incessant badgering from his Bah-Ston buddy Brian, I am officially retracting "Corky" as Collins nickname. I simply refuse to give anyone in Beantown a reason to smile!
- Microsoft (MSFT) acts Collins heavy.
- "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer." -- Sports commentator David Acfield
- I have a lunch meeting today. Just givin' ya the heads up.
- Mutual fund cash levels, on a percentage basis, remain near historic lows while the purchases/redemption ratio is near a historic high (ie-Spring 2000 levels). A Minyan thanks to Lehman's technician Jeff DeGraff for that factoid. (He quite possibly has the most apropos name I've ever seen!)
- The difference between being early and being wrong is whether you're there to see the trade through.
- Why does Fokker have his cell phone ring set to "Dancing Queen?"
- If you haven't viewed the Ten Trading Commandments in a while, it's worth a quick eyeball.
- Let's be honest for a minute--have you thought about Daisy in "that" way? Dude--she's a cow!
- My dear friend Steve Starker is hosting the 19th Annual Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Golf Classic at the Westchester Country Club on Monday, May 3rd. If you'd like to tee it up with some of Wall Street's biggest hitters--in more ways than one--please send Steven an email and tell him you're a Minyan!
- Mr. Moody's not here. How much software would you like to buy?
- Happy Birthday Stephanie!
- The History of April Fool's Day (Thanks to Joe Halwax at Northern Trust FX): Ancient cultures, including those as varied as the Romans and the Hindus, celebrated New Year's Day on April 1. It closely follows the vernal equinox (March 20th or March 21st.). In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII ordered a new calendar (the Gregorian Calendar) to replace the old Julian Calendar. The new calendar called for New Year's Day to be celebrated Jan. 1. In France, however, many people either refused to accept the new date, or did not learn about it, and continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April 1. Other people began to make fun of these traditionalists, sending them on "fool's errands" or trying to trick them into believing something false.
- Are you a proud Minyan? Wear the Critters proud and loud! Ten percent of the net proceeds will be donated to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education!
- Since when did cable guys jump to the top of the "my time is more valuable than your time" food chain?
- The semis are truckin' towards dual resistance at SOX 500 (50-day and breakdown zone).
- Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) struggled again at $60.
- Europe has extended its gains with the German DAX leading the charge (+1.8)
- Sesame Street begins its 35th season. Minyanville is in its third. Hmm...
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter