Miss Piggy? Pah-leeze!
- Does a diet consisting of finger food slim your fingers?
- Despite the relative jig, the Minx is still ticklin' resistance (while eradicating the short base). Breadth is fabu, the leaders are leadin' and the momentum seems to be pickin' up. Still, these ceilings ain't appealing!
- I gotta admit that I had fun penning the morning missive.
- Note the pickup in the volatility of other asset classes. In the past, this served as a precursor to equity vol.
- What the hell are druthers?
- American International Group (AIG:NYSE), Verizon (VZ:NYSE) and Pfizer (PFE:NYSE) are being added to the Dow Jones. Is that a biggie? Not from a supply/demand perspective as funds aren't as "indexed" to the Dow as they are to the S&P or NDX.
- After incessant badgering from his Bah-Ston buddy Brian, I am officially retracting "Corky" as Collins nickname. I simply refuse to give anyone in Beantown a reason to smile!
- Microsoft (MSFT) acts Collins heavy.
- "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer." -- Sports commentator David Acfield
- I have a lunch meeting today. Just givin' ya the heads up.
- Mutual fund cash levels, on a percentage basis, remain near historic lows while the purchases/redemption ratio is near a historic high (ie-Spring 2000 levels). A Minyan thanks to Lehman's technician Jeff DeGraff for that factoid. (He quite possibly has the most apropos name I've ever seen!)
- The difference between being early and being wrong is whether you're there to see the trade through.
- Why does Fokker have his cell phone ring set to "Dancing Queen?"
- If you haven't viewed the Ten Trading Commandments in a while, it's worth a quick eyeball.
- Let's be honest for a minute--have you thought about Daisy in "that" way? Dude--she's a cow!
- My dear friend Steve Starker is hosting the 19th Annual Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Golf Classic at the Westchester Country Club on Monday, May 3rd. If you'd like to tee it up with some of Wall Street's biggest hitters--in more ways than one--please send Steven an email and tell him you're a Minyan!
- Mr. Moody's not here. How much software would you like to buy?
- Happy Birthday Stephanie!
- The History of April Fool's Day (Thanks to Joe Halwax at Northern Trust FX): Ancient cultures, including those as varied as the Romans and the Hindus, celebrated New Year's Day on April 1. It closely follows the vernal equinox (March 20th or March 21st.). In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII ordered a new calendar (the Gregorian Calendar) to replace the old Julian Calendar. The new calendar called for New Year's Day to be celebrated Jan. 1. In France, however, many people either refused to accept the new date, or did not learn about it, and continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April 1. Other people began to make fun of these traditionalists, sending them on "fool's errands" or trying to trick them into believing something false.
- Are you a proud Minyan? Wear the Critters proud and loud! Ten percent of the net proceeds will be donated to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education!
- Since when did cable guys jump to the top of the "my time is more valuable than your time" food chain?
- The semis are truckin' towards dual resistance at SOX 500 (50-day and breakdown zone).
- Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) struggled again at $60.
- Europe has extended its gains with the German DAX leading the charge (+1.8)
- Sesame Street begins its 35th season. Minyanville is in its third. Hmm...
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter