By Marcus Laun Apr 01, 2003 11:36 am
Regardless of your posture, there are some tradable inflection points around here!
- I used to love when Bill Meehan called me a swine.
- I've got serious trust issues with this tape. That likely means I'll relatively underperform if we rip higher but absolutely perform in a down tape.
- My brother Adam won't stop calling me Dawg after our eight-mile weekend. Dude! Do they not have rap music in Owings Mill?
- The retailers haven't been able to shrug off Best Buy (BBY:NYSE) yet.
- Please don't email Fokker anymore. I had to let him go last night and he will no longer be working with me.
- Do I believe in the Double-D thesis? Yes, I do -- I think deflation and derivatives will be ultimately undermine the equity markets. That's not today's business, of course, but I wanted to put it out there.
- The dollar is starting to slip against the Euro.
- I've drawn a down trendline on the five-day S&P chart. In the NDX, I'm minding the gap from yesterday's opening.
- Two million QQQs were bought this morning and it (thus far) didn't budge the tape.
- Boo has brought my bear costume over to my desk and placed it on the seat next to me. Tempting...
- IF (big if) we do see new lows sooner rather than later, I think that will lead to a more sustainable rally. Yes, the Shim Sham continues to stick around my crowded keppe.
- I believe in the power of intuition.
- Whenever I see Joel's friends and family, they always tell me how wonderful the Minyans are. THAT is awesome.
- I'm totally kidding about Fokker -- I haven't canned him (yet). That was a feeble attempt at an April fool's joke.
- Watch yesterday's lows as the first support.
- Sean Connery was the best 007.
- Peanut brittle is underrated. Nougat is overrated.
- If you look at a daily chart of the major indices (six-month), it looks like the Minx is flipping us the bird!
- I fear that the emotional fallout of 9/11 is lurking in the subconscious of many Wall Streeters.
- Reader Poll: Which movie is the greatest Mel Brooks flick of all-time? Send your vote to Fokker@Minyanville.com. (You know my vote).
- "Stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts." Why am I not surprised that my cousin Richard pointed this out? You know those guys who can eat two pints of ice cream every morning and never gain weight? That's him. Hate that!
- Am I a conspiracy theorist? Yes, I admit that --but variant thinking has always been a part of my process. Along those lines, I'm not saying this SARS virus IS biological terror... but I don't think we can say with absolute certainty that it's not. The proximity of it's origin to North Korea is a little too close for my liking.
- Casey and Charlotte-Anne promise me that they'll give me the nod to announce the University of Minyanville professors as soon as possible. I know, I know...
- Setting stops (to define risk) completely removes emotion from the trading process.
- The Yankee's started their season with a bang--but the loss of DJ is a bad omen.
- What the heck is a Peek Freen anyway?
- If our goal is to identify high percentage trades, there will be days when there's nothing to do. Remember, the ability not to trade will be as important as our trading ability as we continue to trudge through the muck.
- I think we've got some Daisy bikini shots coming. Wasabi!
- I woke up this morning and had an overwhelming urge to take my mother to dinner. That's tonight's business -- and I'm looking forward to it!
- As it stands, the S&P put in another lower top while the NDX "double top" is obvious (with hindsight).
- Brian Reynolds is so smart, he makes me feel like the village idiot ;-)
- I never realized what a process it was taking a five-year-old and a two-year-old to a diner. WOW!
- Did I say I've got serious trust issues with this tape?
- What is gamma in a nutshell? If I bought 1000 QQQ May 27 puts (delta of .65 ) and 65000 QQQ, I would get longer as the NDX rallies (put delta decreases) or shorter if the NDX fails (put delta increases).
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter