- Analogy of a risk manager.
- N's over S's (semis over rate-sensitive issues).
- The bulls are making stand #1 at S&P 1218 although the internals are laughably lopsided (negative).
- Our friends at MS Howells & Co are as good as it gets.
- "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein
- Duke & Duke, along with the rest of the brokers, report earnings next week.
- The Texas two-step!
- How is Meehan supposed to type without fingers?
- The Design Review Board of Snohomish, WA rejected the mural planned for the side of the BBQ Shack restaurant because the five pink pigs depicted in the painting were naked. (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
- Fleck's MSN Rap.
- Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm still not sure that Robert Toll did the right thing. Just as he went on television (last week) and offered that the shorts would be roasted, he dumped seven figure size of his personal holdings. The stock has barely seen an uptick since.
- Pass the Herb! Our good friend loans his opinion on MBIA!
- Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you can climb, but how well you bounce.
- Friends in high places.
- "This highlights the possibility that these were intentional manipulations of internal systems and controls and not just incompetence," said Josh Rosner, a financial services analyst with Medley Global Advisors, an independent research firm in New York, of the OFHEO investigation of Aunt Fannie (FNM).
- What's a Ute?
- Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski and VP Dick "Weekend at Bernie's" Cheney are slated to meet today and discuss oil and gas exploration at the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve (ANWR).
- Gates Sniffage!
- The weekly Investors Intelligence survey finds the bullish camp at 55.7% vs. 54.7% week ago with Boo's crew at 21.6% vs. 22.1% prior.
- After a 14 hour stint at my turret yesterday, the last thing I wanted to do was to have a social dinner at Rosa. You know what? A social dinner at Rosa was exactly what I needed after a 14 hour stint at my turret! Balance is so very important in our business and the time we need it most is typically when we want it the least.
- Playing in the Band? I'm watching NDX 1480 (200-day) vs. 1550 (60) as the range.
- A kick in the ass!
- Rolls Royce, it's AWESOME baby!
- Tape Check: I take great pride in my spoken word and am uber-conscious that I opined (last Friday) that the tape would be lower a week out. While the script has (thus far) gone according to plan (short-term top between Monday and Tuesday), today remains the key day and S&P 1218 remains the key level. As a function of the bunk bonds and bad breadth, Boo remains in the driver seat. Risks to his thesis include reverse dandruff in the semis, a textbook technical retest (if S&P 1218 holds) and continued winkage from corporate bond land.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter