By Todd Harrison Mar 07, 2003 11:47 am
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst!
- For purposes of our discussion, I don't believe the issue is whether or not Iraq disarmed--they didn't. I believe THE issue (for the markets) is whether the U.S and U.N can get on the same page.
- Watch the dollar very carefully--if it begins to pick up steam on the sell side, equities will likely follow.
- I cannot believe how my responses I got to the Walker: Texas Ranger question yesterday. I didn't know that it was actually a show--I just thought it was a series of commercials!
- S&P 806-810 is important as they represent the intraday low of both today and February 13th.
- The breadth is still negative.
- The semis continue to act heavy and if the market slips, they'll likely underperform. In the interest of full disclosure, I unwound my position into this morning's weakness.
- In an attempt to maintain balance, I forced myself to take a break and have dinner with some old friends last night. As I passed the Empire State Building on the way home, I found myself staring at the landmark and appreciating it's beauty. I've learned to appreciate the simple things about NYC.
- The brokers, as a group, have a bid (thus far) today. XBD 360 (broker index) is analogous to BKX 700. FYI.
- For purposes of my metaphorical imagery, it's been a long time since I've been naked. Do I think that a "good" bottom has been put in? No...but I respect the vicious crosscurrents and am alright with my bare bear.
- Warning Scott Sklar: The keyboard is mightier than the sword. Keep calling me bagel boy--I dare you!
- Blix saying inspectors need "weeks." From listening to Duyba last night, it doesn't seem like that's an option.
- Somebody just bought 30,000 QQQ March 25 calls. Hope springs eternal.
- If you make a conscious decision to do less, you can't look back and wish you did more.
- Kimbily Dispigna's swinging by for some (back-to-back) Sushi. Hey Fokker--sanitize the office. Chop chop!
- Keaton once said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.
- March Madness Minyanfest in NYC on the 23rd! Please RSVP to Fokker@Minyanville.com. Wasabi!
- Hey cousin Richard--was Intel the beginning of the reversion trade of S's over N's?
- These are, by far, the trippiest trading sessions I've ever seen.
- Carmelo Anthony baby! Go 'Cuse!
- I'm officially fried and looking forward to the Friday night faceplant.
- Gold AND the dollar getting hit...hmm.
- Take the time to really enjoy your weekend--you've surely earned it.
- A macro walked into the S&P futures pit and bought a couple hundred contracts--and the market popped three points. It's THAT thin.
no position in stocks mentioned
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter