By Todd Harrison Mar 05, 2004 12:10 pm
Keep eating like that, Toddo, and you'll be a fat cow!
- Milk chocolate was invented by Daniel Peter, who sold the idea to his neighbor Henri Nestle.
- According to Bloomberg, Bill and Melinda Gates are the world's eighth largest holders of SPY.
- Asset classes around the world are all over the place but equity volatility measures (VXO, VXN,QQV) are flattish. Disconnect? Me thinks so--and that's not necessarily a "directional" call, per se (just anticipatory of an outsized move).
- It's an unwritten law in option trading that you close out positions with the broker you initiated them with.
- If you're blue and you don't know what to do why don't you just go where fashion fits (knock, knock) "puntin' on da riiis!"
- Pull up a ten year chart of DJT. You're fired!
- The retail sector acts relatively heavy thus far.
- The integrated oils are up a percent and challenging all-time highs.
- I can't wait till Brodsky gets on the Buzz.
- The Minyanville Free Enterprise Club is growing and it's very exciting. If you'd like to earn while ya learn, please send us an email to learn how to be a part of the critter adventure!
- Hi, my name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
- Yes, Minyans, as it stands, we're still churning at the 50% retracement of the bear mkt bounce (S&P).
- Breadth (and banks) remain Hoofy's best friends. I asked (on the Buzz this morning) if today was the BKX reversal day. IF that turns out to be the case, tech will likely lead us down. Follow?
- Collins has a French manicure. Weirdest thing I've ever seen (not that there's anything wrong with that).
- Lotsa conferences next week: The mighty Bear media fete, SG Cowen's 24th annual healthcare show, Smith Barney's global industrial manufacturing plant, Deutsche Banks IT hardware/software gig, Lehman Brother's global software and IT services play and Merrill's European transport train. So you know, Minyanville's first annual west coast road show will occur in three weeks.
- Texas Instruments (TXN:NYSE) has their mid-quarter update Monday and the earnings parade will pick up later in the week.
- This tape has more swings than a Hedonism vacation.
- If you're bullish higher and bearish lower, start your weekend early.
- Where...the hell...is Beeks?!?!
- If you're emotionally attached to a particular stock, put it on your own personal restricted list and find other opportunities.
- Portis for Bailey. HA!
- Thurman Munson.
- I am hearing that a well respected technician just went out with a major "sell" call (spike failure at resistance). Been there, done that, but wanted to make sure you saw it.
- I could use a Friday night face plant.
- Cuba is the next South Beach. Fokker is giggling with excitement.
- Don't mess with the Wongs!
- I've capitulated...on my diet. Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato, fries and a chocolate shake. Hey, if you're gonna be a bear, might as well be a grizzly!
- The first Minyan who can tell me where the above quote is from (If you're gonna be a bear...) wins a free Minyanville tee!
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter