Keep eating like that, Toddo, and you'll be a fat cow!
- Milk chocolate was invented by Daniel Peter, who sold the idea to his neighbor Henri Nestle.
- According to Bloomberg, Bill and Melinda Gates are the world's eighth largest holders of SPY.
- Asset classes around the world are all over the place but equity volatility measures (VXO, VXN,QQV) are flattish. Disconnect? Me thinks so--and that's not necessarily a "directional" call, per se (just anticipatory of an outsized move).
- It's an unwritten law in option trading that you close out positions with the broker you initiated them with.
- If you're blue and you don't know what to do why don't you just go where fashion fits (knock, knock) "puntin' on da riiis!"
- Pull up a ten year chart of DJT. You're fired!
- The retail sector acts relatively heavy thus far.
- The integrated oils are up a percent and challenging all-time highs.
- I can't wait till Brodsky gets on the Buzz.
- The Minyanville Free Enterprise Club is growing and it's very exciting. If you'd like to earn while ya learn, please send us an email to learn how to be a part of the critter adventure!
- Hi, my name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
- Yes, Minyans, as it stands, we're still churning at the 50% retracement of the bear mkt bounce (S&P).
- Breadth (and banks) remain Hoofy's best friends. I asked (on the Buzz this morning) if today was the BKX reversal day. IF that turns out to be the case, tech will likely lead us down. Follow?
- Collins has a French manicure. Weirdest thing I've ever seen (not that there's anything wrong with that).
- Lotsa conferences next week: The mighty Bear media fete, SG Cowen's 24th annual healthcare show, Smith Barney's global industrial manufacturing plant, Deutsche Banks IT hardware/software gig, Lehman Brother's global software and IT services play and Merrill's European transport train. So you know, Minyanville's first annual west coast road show will occur in three weeks.
- Texas Instruments (TXN:NYSE) has their mid-quarter update Monday and the earnings parade will pick up later in the week.
- This tape has more swings than a Hedonism vacation.
- If you're bullish higher and bearish lower, start your weekend early.
- Where...the hell...is Beeks?!?!
- If you're emotionally attached to a particular stock, put it on your own personal restricted list and find other opportunities.
- Portis for Bailey. HA!
- Thurman Munson.
- I am hearing that a well respected technician just went out with a major "sell" call (spike failure at resistance). Been there, done that, but wanted to make sure you saw it.
- I could use a Friday night face plant.
- Cuba is the next South Beach. Fokker is giggling with excitement.
- Don't mess with the Wongs!
- I've capitulated...on my diet. Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato, fries and a chocolate shake. Hey, if you're gonna be a bear, might as well be a grizzly!
- The first Minyan who can tell me where the above quote is from (If you're gonna be a bear...) wins a free Minyanville tee!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter