This is my kind of tape!
- Congratulations to Jerry Rice and Tim Brown for signing contracts through their 78th birthday.
- Today's tape, thus far, is a textbook "do less" environment.
- When's the last time you cleaned your belly button?
- According to point & figure, FNM will break five bottoms at 61 (if and when).
- My best friend (and college roommate) Fish just pinged me to ask if I had an interest in going to the Big East tournament with him. Hmm, let's see--Syracuse hoops...with my best friend...at the Garden. Ya think?
- Breadth is still negative.
- Tomorrow's a big semiconductor day--NSM earnings mid-session and Intel's mid-quarter update after the close. It's also retail sales day for all you shoppers.
- Clarence Beeks wanted me to tell you that tomorrow is Non-farm productivity (exp. .4%), Jobless claims (exp. 404k) and Factory Orders (exp. 1.9%). Friday we'll get the Unemployment Rate (exp. 5.5%), Non-farm payrolls (exp. 10k), Manufacturing Payrolls (exp.-30k) and Average Weekly Hours (exp. 34.2).
- I'd like to welcome the new University students to Minyanville--please feel free to tell your local investment club about our humble little town!
- Trading not to lose is the quickest way to lose money.
- Market flat and the VIX is down 3%. Complacency or a function of the trading range?
- There is a huge difference between hope and faith.
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
- I continue to see call buying in tech which I view as bearish (contrarian). It's not as obscene as it was last week but it's stealthily going on.
- The tug-o-war in the dollar is amazing.
- Remember Lee Mazzilli's ally-oop?
- The military is starting to pay more attention to North Korea--keep this on your radar.
- Always respect the price action but never defer to it.
- Do you think Art Garfunkel has any subconscious resentment of Paul Simon?
- After an initial rally (sell-off) is faded on the opening, traders like to use that high (low) as an intraday stop level.
- Software continues to act heavy.
- The definition of an investment should never be a trade that's moved against you.
- I still think we get the Sham higher (stiff lift) but I can't shake the sense that we've got to take out the October lows first. Too scripted? Perhaps--that's why I'm trading so tight.
- Hey Fokker--you're doing a great job. Now get back to work!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter