Maybe I can sneak up and surprise some folks!
- The next time somebody asks you if you like lamb chops, say "As a pet name?"
- The Beek freak, just so you have it, is as follows: 8:30am-unemployment rate (exp. 5.6%), change in non-critter payrolls (exp. 130k), change in manufacturing payrolls (exp. -2k) and average weekly hourly hours (exp. 22.8). 3pm- consumer credit (exp. $5B).
- The dandruff alert for the SOX is still very much intact.
- Phoebe and Zoe snuck out last night and Celebrities Unsensored caught them on tape.
- The brokerage sector (and the sticky financials in general) remain a bullish input.
- Only one negative of the warmer weather - Fokker breaks out the spandex
- Given his experience in Fantasyland, I think Elmer would have been a candidate to succeed Eisner at Disney (DIS:NYSE)
- A little voice inside my head said don't look back you can never look back.
- Don't see it? Don't force it!
- I don't know if Boo will have the moxie to put down a fourth attempt at S&P 1160.
- The metals are getting jiggy as the dollar index turns red. The German DAX is leading the overseas charge and Deutsche is leading the DAX charge. That's contributing to the Euro charge and it's prompted me to charge some sushi to my Amex. Why not--there's never a bad time for some fish on our time.
- Critter abuse!
- I can't believe Spicoli won an Oscar.
- The market "feels" ok but breadth isn't offerin' a whole heckuva lotta confirmation.
- I had a schnitzel with Mark Howells of MSHowells & Co. a few days ago. I'll tell ya, he's a good man and he's built a quality team around him. Kudos.
- Ten days till March Madness!!! The best sporting event in the world, imho.
- If the S&P continues to edge sideways (in a range of S&P 1145-55), it'll set up some reverse dandruff.
- Along those lines, lemme say this and say it loud: SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY IS THE NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPION! (I can say it for only so many days).
- Intel (INTC:NASD) expectations for tonight's mid-quarter update: Revs in a range of $8B-$8.4B, gross margins +/-62%, EPS .28/.29.
- Expresso has the least amount of caffine of all the roasts.
- This weekend I think I will go to a bar and say "I'll have a Fokker Collins"
- Raoul's, Rosa Mexicano (east side), Union Square Cafe, Serendipity and (tie) Gotham Bar & Grill/ Shun Lee are my top five NYC restaurants.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter