By Todd Harrison Mar 04, 2003 12:57 pm
Hey Hoofy--why the long face?
- Pull up a six month chart of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and draw a trendline from the October lows through the duct tape (February 13) lows. We broke that support today.
- The breadth has been drekky all day.
- The "fear of missing" applies to the downside too--don't let it influence your trading decisions.
- Fiyo on the Bayou!
- The most bullish thing in my universe is that the short trade is so obvious.
- "Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- I swung by the Garden Friday for Patrick Ewing's big night and I wanted to officially congratulate him. If Starks didn't stink up the joint against Houston, you'd have your ring, big man.
- Elmer walked a very fine line with his commentary this morning. Just one question--by the time he does see a surplus of housing, isn't it already too late?
- Skibaaaaaaaaa Las Vegas!
- If Tony Dwyer was cast in Grease, he'd be Kenickie.
- Yes--I admit it...I had a crush on Olivia Newton John when she walked into the carnival and said "Tell me about it, stud."
- I've seen multiple thousand lot calls of calls bought in Intel the last few sessions. What happens if they don't chop off the lower end of their guidance?
- March Madness Minyanfest on the 23rd in NYC?
- For the S&P, I'm using a 14-day chart today and have a line drawn from the Feb 13 low through the Feb 25 low. Past support (S&P 830) should act as near term resistance.
- What is a camel's hair brush made out of? First correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org gets a free Minyanville tee!
- The Nazz DOES trade rather dry.
- This afternoon at Morgan's semifest: MXIM, IFX, AAPL, LSI, EFII, AMCC, NTAP (among others). Earnings after the close: AZO, FNSR, HOTT, KSS
- I think I'm gonna do a lecture at Syracuse University--I wonder if Jon Shahin still runs Harry's?
- The Nikkei closed before the Philippine bombings occurred--watch that quadruple bottom around 8350ish.
- My first job real job was flipping bagels in Great Neck, NY. I was 13.
- The cyclicals act funky--GM, CAT, DE...
- When's the last time you had NOTHING on your mind?
- The German DAX counter trend rally (a few days ago) stopped right at resistance (former support).
position in smh
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter