Hey Hoofy--why the long face?
- Pull up a six month chart of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and draw a trendline from the October lows through the duct tape (February 13) lows. We broke that support today.
- The breadth has been drekky all day.
- The "fear of missing" applies to the downside too--don't let it influence your trading decisions.
- Fiyo on the Bayou!
- The most bullish thing in my universe is that the short trade is so obvious.
- "Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- I swung by the Garden Friday for Patrick Ewing's big night and I wanted to officially congratulate him. If Starks didn't stink up the joint against Houston, you'd have your ring, big man.
- Elmer walked a very fine line with his commentary this morning. Just one question--by the time he does see a surplus of housing, isn't it already too late?
- Skibaaaaaaaaa Las Vegas!
- If Tony Dwyer was cast in Grease, he'd be Kenickie.
- Yes--I admit it...I had a crush on Olivia Newton John when she walked into the carnival and said "Tell me about it, stud."
- I've seen multiple thousand lot calls of calls bought in Intel the last few sessions. What happens if they don't chop off the lower end of their guidance?
- March Madness Minyanfest on the 23rd in NYC?
- For the S&P, I'm using a 14-day chart today and have a line drawn from the Feb 13 low through the Feb 25 low. Past support (S&P 830) should act as near term resistance.
- What is a camel's hair brush made out of? First correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org gets a free Minyanville tee!
- The Nazz DOES trade rather dry.
- This afternoon at Morgan's semifest: MXIM, IFX, AAPL, LSI, EFII, AMCC, NTAP (among others). Earnings after the close: AZO, FNSR, HOTT, KSS
- I think I'm gonna do a lecture at Syracuse University--I wonder if Jon Shahin still runs Harry's?
- The Nikkei closed before the Philippine bombings occurred--watch that quadruple bottom around 8350ish.
- My first job real job was flipping bagels in Great Neck, NY. I was 13.
- The cyclicals act funky--GM, CAT, DE...
- When's the last time you had NOTHING on your mind?
- The German DAX counter trend rally (a few days ago) stopped right at resistance (former support).
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter