What are the chances that the sideways slither continues?
- Is there actually a short end of the stick?
- Why is a service based economy more vulnerable than a manufacturing based economy? Perception vs. tangible goods. Think of it as an internet (subjective) valuation vs. a stock with a book value. A'right?
- Apple juice gets a raw deal. O.J gets all the press.
- If somebody is gonna testify, shouldn't it be a given that (s)he is telling the truth (regardless if they're under oath)?
- Coffee was first known as Arabian wine in Europe.
- After NY crude started its day up 2%, crude prices slipped off the proverbial cliff following the API/DOE inventory release. Crude-Oil inventories showed a rise of 8.4 million barrels from last week and as the Saudis put it yesterday, a glut of supply is in the market place. WTI spot crude was off over 1% following the report.
- Don't discount the impact of Qlogic (QLGC:NASD)--down over 20%--as it's a momentum darlin'.
- SOES ahead!
- Why would I reference another site? Simple--because the mission of Minyanville is to add value to your process. That's why I mentioned StreetAccount for active Minyans yesterday on the Buzz. It's good stuff and it's run by good folks.
- The semicaps got a bit sticky (traction). Keep half an eye on them.
- Hey Boo, look on the bright side. If Elmer keeps flushing the world with liquidity, a Minyanville IPO is almost a lock.
- Churning...or basing?
- Why is "Corky" resonating as a Collins nickname?
- Big reversal in the energy patch (lower).
- Franklin Raines...you prolly think this song is about you, Franklin Raines ...You prolly think this song is about you, don't you, don't you, don't you?
- As Ruby always said, "what goes around, comes around." Ain't that the truth.
- Friday is Hawaiian shirt day so anyone who has one can wear it to work. If you do, however, you gotta hoist a Bud in memory of Bill Meehan.
- Minyan trivia: What was the first sport to be filmed (and when?) The first right answer wins their choice of a kick-ass Minyanville tee!
- We saw some size QQQ selling around 11:20am (with very little impact).
- Eli Lilly (LLY:NYSE) is trying to jump start the drugs. Note 200-day resistance rests above at DRG 324.
- "Life is a journey. We all start out thinking it is all about the world. Some of us eventually learn that there is a whole world behind what we see and hear." -John Succo
- Europe is now decidedly mixed. How is anything decidedly mixed?
- Let's hear it for my band, Sexual Chocolate!
- April 10th is the official weigh in on the Minyanville bet. I'm doin' alright but Corky had a virtual chin monopoly to start the contest.
- Brian Reynolds continues to offer spot on educational analysis.
- Will Jorge Posada be the best Yankee catcher in history by the time he's done?
- The underlying bid continues to buoy equities despite the macro influences. A telling sign of strength or a chance to hit the eject button?
- Do what you love. The money will come.
- "Czar" is a funny word. So is "flabbergasted."
- Yesterday, in the middle of the trading day, a warning popped on my computer that someone else logged onto my IM using my screen name! I changed my password and spent the rest of the session wondering how someone snaked my login. When I got home, Phoebe was sitting on my keyboard and had sent out a bunch of IM's. The messages were gibberish but if I know her, it was cat code for "foooooood!"
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter