By Todd Harrison Mar 31, 2004 11:33 am
What are the chances that the sideways slither continues?
- Is there actually a short end of the stick?
- Why is a service based economy more vulnerable than a manufacturing based economy? Perception vs. tangible goods. Think of it as an internet (subjective) valuation vs. a stock with a book value. A'right?
- Apple juice gets a raw deal. O.J gets all the press.
- If somebody is gonna testify, shouldn't it be a given that (s)he is telling the truth (regardless if they're under oath)?
- Coffee was first known as Arabian wine in Europe.
- After NY crude started its day up 2%, crude prices slipped off the proverbial cliff following the API/DOE inventory release. Crude-Oil inventories showed a rise of 8.4 million barrels from last week and as the Saudis put it yesterday, a glut of supply is in the market place. WTI spot crude was off over 1% following the report.
- Don't discount the impact of Qlogic (QLGC:NASD)--down over 20%--as it's a momentum darlin'.
- SOES ahead!
- Why would I reference another site? Simple--because the mission of Minyanville is to add value to your process. That's why I mentioned StreetAccount for active Minyans yesterday on the Buzz. It's good stuff and it's run by good folks.
- The semicaps got a bit sticky (traction). Keep half an eye on them.
- Hey Boo, look on the bright side. If Elmer keeps flushing the world with liquidity, a Minyanville IPO is almost a lock.
- Churning...or basing?
- Why is "Corky" resonating as a Collins nickname?
- Big reversal in the energy patch (lower).
- Franklin Raines...you prolly think this song is about you, Franklin Raines ...You prolly think this song is about you, don't you, don't you, don't you?
- As Ruby always said, "what goes around, comes around." Ain't that the truth.
- Friday is Hawaiian shirt day so anyone who has one can wear it to work. If you do, however, you gotta hoist a Bud in memory of Bill Meehan.
- Minyan trivia: What was the first sport to be filmed (and when?) The first right answer wins their choice of a kick-ass Minyanville tee!
- We saw some size QQQ selling around 11:20am (with very little impact).
- Eli Lilly (LLY:NYSE) is trying to jump start the drugs. Note 200-day resistance rests above at DRG 324.
- "Life is a journey. We all start out thinking it is all about the world. Some of us eventually learn that there is a whole world behind what we see and hear." -John Succo
- Europe is now decidedly mixed. How is anything decidedly mixed?
- Let's hear it for my band, Sexual Chocolate!
- April 10th is the official weigh in on the Minyanville bet. I'm doin' alright but Corky had a virtual chin monopoly to start the contest.
- Brian Reynolds continues to offer spot on educational analysis.
- Will Jorge Posada be the best Yankee catcher in history by the time he's done?
- The underlying bid continues to buoy equities despite the macro influences. A telling sign of strength or a chance to hit the eject button?
- Do what you love. The money will come.
- "Czar" is a funny word. So is "flabbergasted."
- Yesterday, in the middle of the trading day, a warning popped on my computer that someone else logged onto my IM using my screen name! I changed my password and spent the rest of the session wondering how someone snaked my login. When I got home, Phoebe was sitting on my keyboard and had sent out a bunch of IM's. The messages were gibberish but if I know her, it was cat code for "foooooood!"
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter