- Tool Shed!
- A case report in the January issue of the Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences described a 27-year-old woman with an unshakable cough who, based on a radiograph, was found to have a condom lodged in her "upper right lobe bronchus," which eventually she disclosed to doctors had happened because she had accidentally inhaled it during ...(well, you get the picture) [Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences, January-March 2004, p.55]
- Breadth isn't giving much of a clue thus far.
- Dow Jones is reporting that Senator Chuck Schumer (NY) is urging Dubya to warn the Saudis ahead of tomorrow's OPEC meeting. He also "warns" of $40/brl crude.
- Prayers and white light to Abraham Betpolice.
- If you're not reading the Buzz, you're missing the world's first animated financial reality show.
- If I were picking a financial hoops squad, I would want Templeton, Rogers, Buffett, Soros, and Gross on my bench. What do they all have in common (hint: it's not the all-star guitar).
- The Minx will be hard pressed to get knocked as long as the banks are sticky. Watch Citigroup (C:NYSE) and the brokers as financial 'tells'.
- The energy patch is perky this morning with the drillers and oil names both participating. My stochastics have "crossed on the bottom" for both complexes (bullish).
- In 1995 Sadhu Lotan Baba made a 2,500-mile holy journey through the Indian countryside traveling by lying on the ground and rolling over and over and over, the entire distance (doing from six to 13 miles a day). In September 2003 he set out on a new 1,500-mile trip, rolling from Ratlam, India, to Lahore, Pakistan, where he said he hopes to thank President Pervez Musharraf for his India-Pakistan peace initiatives. [WKMG-TV (Orlando)]
- Alright, I admit it--I was a big Duran Duran fan back in the day.
- The Fed's Guynn was on the tape earlier and "sees higher rates once the economy gets legs." and "consequences" in keeping rates "too low for too long". Meanwhile, Ben Bernanke opined that "steady improvement" in hiring is "most likely," he "fears job losses from outsourcing is overstated," and feels that "trade barriers would hurt the US economy." His tone seems less "sure" than it was a few months ago.
- Snoop Tone just pinged Daisy and told him "I'm gonna lace Toddo like a shoe!" Evidently he's still pretty bulled up and views recent weakness as a necessary evil. My buddy is about to speak on CNBC so turn it up if you wanna hear his reasoning.
- A few traders I speak with are eyeing S&P 1137 as a more important level than S&P 1125. Why? Look at a one month chart cookie!
- There is no truth to the rumor that Daisy was spotted in the grotto at the Playboy Mansion.
- Yankee haters are already pinging me that we're in last place.
- The time to assess risk is when the market is up. The time to focus on opportunity is when it's on its heels. With the advent of online trade and the democritzation of finance, that process has somehow reversed.
- Adventure isn't hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life -- facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown and in the process, discovering our own unique potential. --Ron Dorushkin
- Final Four Minyanfest?
- What does the KLA-Tencor (KLAC:NASD) chart tell ya?
- A service based economy is prone to subjective valuation.
- If we edge through S&P 1125, expect a "buy stop" vacuum. When trading around "crowded" stops, I generally like to let the tape settle in before "electing" my order. The risk to that, natch, is a hard push (run) that doesn't look back.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter