By Todd Harrison Mar 27, 2003 11:16 am
All right Snapper, I'll admit I'm scared -- but the breadth ain't supporting the upsde yet!
- Aside from furiously scanning the financials, I'm also using the Internet names as a trading tell today.
- Fokker is getting fan mail. I see it...but I still can't believe it.
- The S&P is straddling the opening gap (fillage) higher and the 860 weeklong support breakage (lower).
- A lot of people are chatting up the head and shoulders on the 10-day charts. So you know.
- What the heck is the difference between jelly, jam and preserves?
- The day before the tournament, I filled out my NCAA brackets in 3 minutes while getting my noggin' squeezed by Hoofy & Co. My final four was/is Syracuse, Arizona, UCONN and Kentucky with the Orange beating Kentucky in the finals. Pipe dream, I know, but puttin' it out there.
- During that little pop attempt, the internals never improved.
- When is the last time you had a Nathan's Frank?
- Why do I think the financial system is a long-term short? In a word: Derivatives.
- You think equities are whippy? Try trading crude!
- A weekend with my brother in Baltimore. Trees. Birds. No sirens. Loving kids. Sleeping late. March Madness. Wow, that's just what the doctor ordered!
- The trifecta of semis/financials/breadth is pretty powerful. Watch any/all of these guys for signs of snappage/slippage.
- Phoebe's new nickname is lawnmower. Her purring is waking up the neighbors.
- How important is this zone? It's the difference between a healthy pullback and a nasty reversal.
- Minyanville is a labor of love but make no mistake -- it's a labor! However, everyone involved believes in the greater good -- education, philanthropy and support -- and we're committed to the cause. Please help us out by spreading the word. The critters would be very thankful!
- The VIX is (gasp) green - -and it's pixels away from a stochastic buy signal (potentially negative).
- There are two very vocal camps with regard to this war. For my part, I am certain of two things: I support the proactive rooting out of terror before they can again strike and I want very much for our soldiers to return home to their families. With that said, I am admittedly torn as I watch the daily events unfold.
- March Madness Maryland Minyanfest is officially ON for Saturday. Padonia Station is located in the Padonia Village Shopping Center at York and Padonia Roads in Timonium, Maryland. Phone: 410-252-8181. We're still tinkering with the time (Adam, wife -- check in aisle 3!) so we'll letcha know!
- This S&P 860 level is the very definition of a battleground. The winner likely has the edge into quarter end.
- I have a midtown meeting tomorrow morning and will likely be leaving a bit before the bell. As such, the postings will be adjusted accordingly.
- Spinal Tap!
- Fokker just asked me what the vacation schedule is. I told him it starts right now and lasts forever!
- What have I done today? A little less... but I have made disciplined sales on some May puts and have left a bunch on. If you (hypothetically) buy 1000 Fokker.com puts at .75 and sell 500 at $1.50, you get a free look to the downside.
- Setting stops removes emotion.
- Hey John Succo -- Wasabi!
- In this thin Lizzie tape, you can't take your eye off your risk!
- When's the last time you listened to John Lee Hooker? Ray Charles? Stevie Wonder? B.B King?
- It's a lot easier to gain weight than lose weight and much easier to lose money than make money. Wouldn't it be great if it was the other way around?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter