Cream of Snapper!
- Boo looked at the NCAA brackets and said he wished the market was that broken.
- The NDX 200-day moving average was kissed this morning for the first time since last March. That level held thus far...but the trannies weren't as fortunate.
- I miss my March puts. I would venture to guess that I'm not alone.
- Will Hakim Warrick win next year's slam dunk contest?
- NYSE and AMEX short data show a jump in short selling, but not a huge one, according to Phil Erlanger. The NASDAQ figures will be released on Wednesday.
- Renegade by Styx is completely underappreciated in rock circles.
- Remember, now that the BKX has split 10 for 1, the movements will be shallower. For instance, today's $1 move is a $10 drubbing in the old school.
- We need some sharks (lawyers) in the 'Ville.
- I continue to key on Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) and Citigroup (C:NYSE) as mainstay market tells. The former is uber-twisty while the latter has been a beacon of light.
- 'Cause I'm the Melo, the fellow, the one who likes to say hello.
- I'm pushing to have a cheerleader Daisy portrait rendered in time for the Final Four.
- Gritty performance by a young Maryland Terrapin squad. Let's see if Snapper can follow suit.
- Crude is taking a half step back after three giant steps forward.
- I wonder if there have ever been Siamese Siamese cats?
- There is an unconfirmed rumor that Fokker was a male cheerleader at Delaware. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- Anybody with money to burn will easily find someone to tend the fire.
- You can't credit globalization as a root cause of the bull market (1999) and then dismiss it as a potential negative.
- Downvolume/upvolume is 10:1 negative.
- Newmont Mining (NEM:NYSE) is back at the $45 inflection point.
- During the NBA finals a few years back (Lakers at Philly), I was in the Sixer locker room after the game and I saw Warren Sapp. I walked up to him, patted his (rather large) shoulder and said "I'm a die hard Raider fan but I gotta tell ya, you're a heckuva player." He glared at me with his bug eyes and said "Don't f***ing touch me!" I said "You're kidding, right?" and he then got in my face as if he wanted to "go." I backed off--I have pride but I'm no dummy--and returned to my column on Monday and offered him up as a textbook example that money can't buy class. That's still true--but I suppose money can buy Warren Sapp....and I have no choice but to root for him now that he's anchoring my defensive line.
- The longer we stay down, the better chance we close on the lows (particularly if the breadth doesn't improve).
- The Stanford loss was a net positive for my beloved Orangemen but Alabama is feelin' it right now. Should be a good game!
- Box of Rain was written by Phil Lesh when his father died. Thanks to Minyan Doug Kass for that one--I know that song holds a special place in his heart.
- I will be "in and out" tomorrow as I need to attend to some things before heading to the left coast. More likely than not, I'll be on the Buzz as that lends itself to quick blurbs and observations. I am scheduled to return Sunday but I'll do my very best to stay involved.
- There was some seriously false acne floating around a few weeks ago (biotechs).
- Is it me or are the Soprano's getting much better?
- Watch the Russell 2000 as it migrates below three bottoms.
- I really hope the Raiders get Corey Dillon. THAT would be a good pickup.
- "Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny" --Zachery Blake
- SOX 462 (200-day) is a level to keep on your radar--lotsa traders are keying on it.
- It's not too late for Snapper but leadership needs to emerge soon to avoid soupdom.
- I'm down 7 lbs. since the bet started but the chocolate cravings are starting to intensify.
- You know it's been too long when you can't remember your last vacation.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter