By Todd Harrison Mar 22, 2004 12:25 pm
Cream of Snapper!
- Boo looked at the NCAA brackets and said he wished the market was that broken.
- The NDX 200-day moving average was kissed this morning for the first time since last March. That level held thus far...but the trannies weren't as fortunate.
- I miss my March puts. I would venture to guess that I'm not alone.
- Will Hakim Warrick win next year's slam dunk contest?
- NYSE and AMEX short data show a jump in short selling, but not a huge one, according to Phil Erlanger. The NASDAQ figures will be released on Wednesday.
- Renegade by Styx is completely underappreciated in rock circles.
- Remember, now that the BKX has split 10 for 1, the movements will be shallower. For instance, today's $1 move is a $10 drubbing in the old school.
- We need some sharks (lawyers) in the 'Ville.
- I continue to key on Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) and Citigroup (C:NYSE) as mainstay market tells. The former is uber-twisty while the latter has been a beacon of light.
- 'Cause I'm the Melo, the fellow, the one who likes to say hello.
- I'm pushing to have a cheerleader Daisy portrait rendered in time for the Final Four.
- Gritty performance by a young Maryland Terrapin squad. Let's see if Snapper can follow suit.
- Crude is taking a half step back after three giant steps forward.
- I wonder if there have ever been Siamese Siamese cats?
- There is an unconfirmed rumor that Fokker was a male cheerleader at Delaware. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- Anybody with money to burn will easily find someone to tend the fire.
- You can't credit globalization as a root cause of the bull market (1999) and then dismiss it as a potential negative.
- Downvolume/upvolume is 10:1 negative.
- Newmont Mining (NEM:NYSE) is back at the $45 inflection point.
- During the NBA finals a few years back (Lakers at Philly), I was in the Sixer locker room after the game and I saw Warren Sapp. I walked up to him, patted his (rather large) shoulder and said "I'm a die hard Raider fan but I gotta tell ya, you're a heckuva player." He glared at me with his bug eyes and said "Don't f***ing touch me!" I said "You're kidding, right?" and he then got in my face as if he wanted to "go." I backed off--I have pride but I'm no dummy--and returned to my column on Monday and offered him up as a textbook example that money can't buy class. That's still true--but I suppose money can buy Warren Sapp....and I have no choice but to root for him now that he's anchoring my defensive line.
- The longer we stay down, the better chance we close on the lows (particularly if the breadth doesn't improve).
- The Stanford loss was a net positive for my beloved Orangemen but Alabama is feelin' it right now. Should be a good game!
- Box of Rain was written by Phil Lesh when his father died. Thanks to Minyan Doug Kass for that one--I know that song holds a special place in his heart.
- I will be "in and out" tomorrow as I need to attend to some things before heading to the left coast. More likely than not, I'll be on the Buzz as that lends itself to quick blurbs and observations. I am scheduled to return Sunday but I'll do my very best to stay involved.
- There was some seriously false acne floating around a few weeks ago (biotechs).
- Is it me or are the Soprano's getting much better?
- Watch the Russell 2000 as it migrates below three bottoms.
- I really hope the Raiders get Corey Dillon. THAT would be a good pickup.
- "Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny" --Zachery Blake
- SOX 462 (200-day) is a level to keep on your radar--lotsa traders are keying on it.
- It's not too late for Snapper but leadership needs to emerge soon to avoid soupdom.
- I'm down 7 lbs. since the bet started but the chocolate cravings are starting to intensify.
- You know it's been too long when you can't remember your last vacation.
position in msft
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter