More Random Thoughts
Is this the press before the spring or the rollover before the ding?
- The tape is very "programmy" and my friend Waxy from Hotlanta tells me he's seen some alligators today.
- "Something" twanged within me as we neared S&P 880--but it could have been my cookies.
- I've never seen a more reactive tape in my life--every rumor is being traded.
- Could I be dead wrong in my endorsement of Boo? Of course I can--I'm human and people make mistakes. Even so, if the new bullish phase HAS begun, i still think you'll have a chance to buy 'em cheaper.
- There's a rumor that Minyanville Daisy and Daisy Duke will be mud wrestling at Minyanfest Sunday. Q-Lounge is located at 220 West 19th Street between 7th and 8th.
- MU, DRI, SLR, PALM, TEK and TIBX report tonight while ATYT, CCL and PAYX report tomorrow morning. Beeks also drops off the Consumer Price Index in the ayem (exp. .2%).
- The breadth is marginally positive in both sectors.
- Do you remember how you November 27th and January 14th?
- Take a deep breath and loosen your grip on the handlebars. You'll enjoy the ride much more.
- The fact that Russell Crowe didn't win the Oscar for A Beautiful Mind is one of the all-time biggest Hollywood blunders.
- Your P&L doesn't define you--YOU define you. Some of the wealthiest people I know don't have two dimes to rub together.
- I can't believe Neil Glassman calls himself my pal and has yet to purchase ANY Minyanville product. No worries--he's assured me that he'll buy ALL of his accounts Minyanville Fleeces. So--if Neil covers you and you don't receive a fleece, you're being snubbed. That's so not cool.
- When we were melty and pressed (was that really a week ago?), I opined that I wanted to fade (read: short) financials when they lifted. I still feel that way. It's my humble opinion that the brokers will all have acne by the time the grizzly is over.
- The best summer I've ever had was when I was a camp counselor at Na-Sho-Pa.
- Dubya's on--I gotta hop.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter