Watch the breadth...it's slowly starting to turn.
- Today would have been the 100th birthday of Dr. Seuss (Theodore Geisel). I guess he wasn't a very good doctor!
- Murphy's book on Intermarket Technical Analysis states than when Fed raises discount rate three times in succession, a bear market usually follows (12 x). Changing the discount rate is usually the last weapon the fed uses and tends to lag behind market forces
- So far there are 92 noted cases of nuclear bombs lost at sea.
- An interesting story on guitar signee Bill Gross at Pimco.
- Fokker snuck into the office on Sunday and filled all of my desk drawers with M&M's. I schvitz you not, there musta been 10,000 of 'em! Uhh...there were 10,000 of 'em.
- Xilinx (XLNX:NASD) will serve up their mid-quarter update after the close tonight. That'll color the semis in general and the PLD's (programmable logic devices) in particular.
- If you've got young Minyans running around, make sure you check out Susan Wein at the Minyanville Elementary School. Trust me on this, I haven't seen rhythmic rhymes like this since Shel Silverstein!
- The brokers hold their bid and are steadily creepin' while ya sleepin'. The XBD (broker index) is now testing a triple top at 740ish.
- The homies are givin' some of their acne back. HGX 376 is the breakout zone (that 'should' hold on a pullback).
- Speaking of pullbacks, the time to buy them are "usually" on the retest of the breakout level (rather than during the initial acne).
- There's a rumor spreading through the 'Ville that Daisy is dustin' off the butterscotch thong. Spring fever!
- Technical patterns work better on longer term (rather than intraday) charts.
- A fellow Minyan has launched this site--worth a gander for webbies.
- I saw Boo running in Central Park when I was walking home last night. As he passed, he yelled out "Gotta be lean for the summer when I pounce!"
- "The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well" - Joe Ancis
- Minyan Dan Meehan reminds us that if there are a lot of Bulls out there, there's gotta be a lot of something else around.
- Wanna earn while ya learn? Minyanville is setting up a program to do just that! If you have an interest in becoming a Minyan ambassador and joining the family, contact Mr. Collins and he'll fill ya in!
- Yes, we're in motion on implementing the "print all" and "toggle" function to the News & Views. If you have any further suggestions, please send 'em in and we'll see what we can do.
- I had a really fun vagrant pal once. We called him the porta-party.
- S&P 1150/NDX 1465 are the trendline support from last week's lows.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter