By Todd Harrison Mar 02, 2004 12:21 pm
Watch the breadth...it's slowly starting to turn.
- Today would have been the 100th birthday of Dr. Seuss (Theodore Geisel). I guess he wasn't a very good doctor!
- Murphy's book on Intermarket Technical Analysis states than when Fed raises discount rate three times in succession, a bear market usually follows (12 x). Changing the discount rate is usually the last weapon the fed uses and tends to lag behind market forces
- So far there are 92 noted cases of nuclear bombs lost at sea.
- An interesting story on guitar signee Bill Gross at Pimco.
- Fokker snuck into the office on Sunday and filled all of my desk drawers with M&M's. I schvitz you not, there musta been 10,000 of 'em! Uhh...there were 10,000 of 'em.
- Xilinx (XLNX:NASD) will serve up their mid-quarter update after the close tonight. That'll color the semis in general and the PLD's (programmable logic devices) in particular.
- If you've got young Minyans running around, make sure you check out Susan Wein at the Minyanville Elementary School. Trust me on this, I haven't seen rhythmic rhymes like this since Shel Silverstein!
- The brokers hold their bid and are steadily creepin' while ya sleepin'. The XBD (broker index) is now testing a triple top at 740ish.
- The homies are givin' some of their acne back. HGX 376 is the breakout zone (that 'should' hold on a pullback).
- Speaking of pullbacks, the time to buy them are "usually" on the retest of the breakout level (rather than during the initial acne).
- There's a rumor spreading through the 'Ville that Daisy is dustin' off the butterscotch thong. Spring fever!
- Technical patterns work better on longer term (rather than intraday) charts.
- A fellow Minyan has launched this site--worth a gander for webbies.
- I saw Boo running in Central Park when I was walking home last night. As he passed, he yelled out "Gotta be lean for the summer when I pounce!"
- "The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well" - Joe Ancis
- Minyan Dan Meehan reminds us that if there are a lot of Bulls out there, there's gotta be a lot of something else around.
- Wanna earn while ya learn? Minyanville is setting up a program to do just that! If you have an interest in becoming a Minyan ambassador and joining the family, contact Mr. Collins and he'll fill ya in!
- Yes, we're in motion on implementing the "print all" and "toggle" function to the News & Views. If you have any further suggestions, please send 'em in and we'll see what we can do.
- I had a really fun vagrant pal once. We called him the porta-party.
- S&P 1150/NDX 1465 are the trendline support from last week's lows.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter