Fear the turtle!
- Andy Roddick dumped Mandy Moore? T-o-d-d-@-M-i-n-y-a-n-v-i-l-l-e-.-c-o-m!!!
- Stop signs.
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen
- With income tax time coming, it's worth noting that putting "the" and "IRS" together forms "THEIRS!"
- The Doc called--and aside from being severely grumpy, it looks like Phoebe is gonna be back on her belly in no time.
- Does Mr. Snow still think multiple millions of jobs will be created this year? Did he ever mention which country? Maybe it's a second half story--I hope so--because with this much leverage in the system, we're walking a delicate line.
- I'm dining with 15 year old wunderkind (and Minyanville contributor) Tim "Doogie" Olsen and his family tonight. I sure hope the kid takes me somewhere good!
- Our healthcare professor is dotting the I's and crossing the T's. Noice!
- There is no truth to the rumor that Collins has shaved his legs in an effort to gain an advantage in our weight bet.
- Another indicator that doesn't "matter" until it does.
- My monthly deposit to the Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) Memorial Put Foundation is due tomorrow.
- Diggin' the 'Ville? Lovin' the Buzz? Click here to find out how to earn while you learn and coin a few shekels with the critters! There's some meaty money to be made, my friends, so climb on board the Minyan adventure!
- From our ol' friend Pepe at Dorsey Wright's excellent technical service: Our primary market indicators are now all negative. BPNYSE reversed down to 80% last night, highest level for a reversal since 1987, 1958. OTC bullish percent (for Nasdaq Composite) reversed down to 70% Feb. 23, and gave a bearish sell signal at 64% last week. Other bearish signals are the High-Low Index for NYSE and Nasdaq are now both negative and the Transports violated the pnf trendline that had been in tact since the March low. Yeesh!
- Alright--shot from the hip. I got Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Mississippi State and UCONN in the final four with the Huskies taking it all. Try as I could, I couldn't pick the Orange over the Terps in round two as the ACC champs are playing as good as anyone in the country. Let the games begin!
- The showcase showdown in the Price is Right was always the best part.
- I will say this because it's true (and I don't blow smoke up anybody's arse)--John Succo and I have been friends for 14 years and there's nobody I respect more in this business. As smart and savvy as he is, however, it pales in comparison to the person he is and the brother he's become.
- If Snapper is gonna dance, it's gonna be from "in and around" here (gap fillage).
- The semiconductor book-to-bill will be released tonight.
- Is expiration holding the tape down....or up?
- Call me crazy (you're crazy!), but I still think the real unemployment rate is closer to 10%.
- There is some seriously awesome gold chatter in the Buzz today. Personally, I can't wait till Fleck flies in for our overdue Rosa Mex Guac & Pommie fest!
- Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed. Nor wind to blow.
- I just figure that I'm naturally hedged when (if) my Orange play my brother's Terrapins.
- Trapped Bulls?
- Congratulations to my good pal Lappy on FINALLY popping the question. Much Mazel, bro.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter