By Todd Harrison Mar 18, 2004 12:42 pm
Fear the turtle!
- Andy Roddick dumped Mandy Moore? T-o-d-d-@-M-i-n-y-a-n-v-i-l-l-e-.-c-o-m!!!
- Stop signs.
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen
- With income tax time coming, it's worth noting that putting "the" and "IRS" together forms "THEIRS!"
- The Doc called--and aside from being severely grumpy, it looks like Phoebe is gonna be back on her belly in no time.
- Does Mr. Snow still think multiple millions of jobs will be created this year? Did he ever mention which country? Maybe it's a second half story--I hope so--because with this much leverage in the system, we're walking a delicate line.
- I'm dining with 15 year old wunderkind (and Minyanville contributor) Tim "Doogie" Olsen and his family tonight. I sure hope the kid takes me somewhere good!
- Our healthcare professor is dotting the I's and crossing the T's. Noice!
- There is no truth to the rumor that Collins has shaved his legs in an effort to gain an advantage in our weight bet.
- Another indicator that doesn't "matter" until it does.
- My monthly deposit to the Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) Memorial Put Foundation is due tomorrow.
- Diggin' the 'Ville? Lovin' the Buzz? Click here to find out how to earn while you learn and coin a few shekels with the critters! There's some meaty money to be made, my friends, so climb on board the Minyan adventure!
- From our ol' friend Pepe at Dorsey Wright's excellent technical service: Our primary market indicators are now all negative. BPNYSE reversed down to 80% last night, highest level for a reversal since 1987, 1958. OTC bullish percent (for Nasdaq Composite) reversed down to 70% Feb. 23, and gave a bearish sell signal at 64% last week. Other bearish signals are the High-Low Index for NYSE and Nasdaq are now both negative and the Transports violated the pnf trendline that had been in tact since the March low. Yeesh!
- Alright--shot from the hip. I got Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Mississippi State and UCONN in the final four with the Huskies taking it all. Try as I could, I couldn't pick the Orange over the Terps in round two as the ACC champs are playing as good as anyone in the country. Let the games begin!
- The showcase showdown in the Price is Right was always the best part.
- I will say this because it's true (and I don't blow smoke up anybody's arse)--John Succo and I have been friends for 14 years and there's nobody I respect more in this business. As smart and savvy as he is, however, it pales in comparison to the person he is and the brother he's become.
- If Snapper is gonna dance, it's gonna be from "in and around" here (gap fillage).
- The semiconductor book-to-bill will be released tonight.
- Is expiration holding the tape down....or up?
- Call me crazy (you're crazy!), but I still think the real unemployment rate is closer to 10%.
- There is some seriously awesome gold chatter in the Buzz today. Personally, I can't wait till Fleck flies in for our overdue Rosa Mex Guac & Pommie fest!
- Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed. Nor wind to blow.
- I just figure that I'm naturally hedged when (if) my Orange play my brother's Terrapins.
- Trapped Bulls?
- Congratulations to my good pal Lappy on FINALLY popping the question. Much Mazel, bro.
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter