Watch for chatter of an Iraqi surrender to scare the shorts!
- S&P 855 (former triple top breakout) should provide the first area or support.
- I've got the one and only John B. Collier V sittin' beside me! Cowboy's of the world unite!
- Words cannot express how excited I am to see Robert Hunter tonight. In honor of the show, all lyrics today will be Dead-ly.
- Baby steps may not get you to your destination as quickly, but there's a much better chance that you'll arrive safely.
- I've got the five day charts up in the NDX and S&P and i"ve drawn two trendlines. One starts yesterday around 11am and the other from the launch pad last Thursday.
- Somebody walked into the crowd on yesterday's closing bell and bought 95,000 QQQ April 25 puts. In isolation, that doesn't help Boo's case.
- What the heck is in a slippery nipple anyway?
- I'm hearing that MO credit spreads are widening--I'm not involved and I haven't confirmed but it's worth a sniff.
- Fokker is stepping up. Good to see.
- Prevalent psychology has shifted to buying dips vs. selling rallies. That'll create near term support (self-fulfilling) but exacerbate the downside if and when.
- Do I think expiration is adding to the volatility? Yes. Short gamma causes dealers to buy up and sell down.
- ORCL reports tonight while FDX, GIS, ABS, BSC and LEN report tomorrow pre-opening. The big brokers all tell their tale Thursday morning and that'll help shape psychology.
- France decides that they'll help us out if Saddam uses chemical weapons? Now I can sleep at night!
- Minyanfest will take place this Sunday at the Q-lounge from 12-4. The address is 220 W 19th St. (between 7th/8th). I'm looking forward to drinking some wings, watching some beer and chowing some hoops. Also, make sure you check out the Minyanville Raffle--it's pretty sick.
- The action in oil is mind boggling.
- Market breadth is still negative--watch this gauge for a discernable turn (either way).
- Gene Hackman was awesome in Young Frankenstein.
- When you're trading out of sync, it's sometimes helpful to pull back and trade smaller until you reestablish a feel.
- Last week was clearly "A" bottom--I don't believe it was "THE" bottom.
- Picking tops can be as dangerous as picking bottoms--that's why it's important to always define your risk profile.
- I'm gonna have John B. Collier V and Fokker arm wrestle for schnitz and giggles.
- The tape acts firm (thus far). Does the S&P have to tickle through 870 before reversing?
- Don't forget--Elmer Greenspan swings by Minyanville at 2:15!
- I'm clean shaven today for the first time in six months.
- It's been a long time since the "look through" trade was in vogue. In our assimilation of our metrics, this stresses the importance of psychology in the trading process.
- NDX stochastics are firmly in the red zone and the SOX looks like it's in the process of "hooking" (negative). Meanwhile, the OSX (oil service index) has given a stochastic buy signal.
- What would have happened if Edward Lewis picked up Kit DeLuca instead of Viv?
- Why are insecure people the most vocal?
- Will zero percent financing be the ultimate undoing of the autos?
- Tony brought up a good point recently. With mutual fund cash reserves at historically low levels, who's gonna be the next buyer? The Europeans?
- Patience typically brings price.
- I wish I played ice hockey as a kid.
- The sirens in NYC are nonstop and 24/7.
- Iraq didn't cause the bear market--and it won't end it.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter