- The move is predicated on psychology and, as such, it's difficult to gauge the timing aspect of the potential turn.
- While I've surely been too cautious the last few days, I continue to believe that we've yet to see the lows. Yes, we've discussed the SHAM potential (stiff lift) since the SHIM occurred--but I don't sense that this is it.
- Syracuse played like a collection of individuals rather than a team and that's why they lost Friday's semifinal to UCONN. Whenever they've won the Big East, though, they've fared poorly in the tournament and I think losing may have been a good wake up call.
- Is today a Thursday redeux or will the fresh memory of Thursday trap bulls into that thinking?
- Emotion is the enemy when trading.
- I've said it before and I'll say it again, nobody can outthink the Minx on a consistent basis. With that said, I continue to scan my universe for defined risk April plays and will define any overnight risk. I don't trust 'em--but I know enough to know that I've been wrong before and will (at times) be wrong again.
- While I was at the game Friday, I opened a packet of ketchup and sprayed the white, silk shirt of the guy in front of me. He didn't notice at first but I did the "stand up" thing and took responsibility for my slip. He was cool about it and, as a gesture, I bought him and his friends beers for the rest of the night. It was pretty funny though.
- Outside of manicuring my risk profile, I've generally done a bit less today. I've always found that when my vision gets cloudy, stepping back a bit (until I regain my mojo) helps.
- Is the Iraq conflict setting up as "buy the rumor, sell the news?"
Prayers to our soldiers and the innocent civilians throughout the world.
- I am surprised at the strength of the U.S dollar in the face of U.N/U.S discord.
- Minyanville is an educational community. It was before this rally and it remains so after this rally.
- Robert Hunter tomorrow night at the Town Hall Theater. Good music is good for the soul.
If the best fades are the toughest fade, we're likely getting close.
- The breadth, dollar, oil and equity tells (thus far) continue to point higher.
- Why do I get the sense that when it's time to sell, bids will be very light?
- The bulls are getting louder as we rally and the bears were most vocal when we were at the lows. I've always felt that thinking was counterintuitive.
- S&P 870.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter