- What the heck does "I stand corrected" mean? Every time I hear that, I think of Igor (it's EYE-gor!).
- Control freak!
- If this keeps up, Ken will have to stray!
- Today Hobbits. Tomorrow the critters!
- "Mini-Minyan Mailbag: Toddo, Please suggest that Minyans go to i-tunes store and purchase, for 99 cents, the Melissa Etheridge/Joss Stone live version of a couple of Janis tunes. Every penny goes to breast cancer research and it rocks. Aloha, Minyan Barry Finkenberg" * Consider it done!
- While some things aren't fun to discuss, ignoring them would be myopic as we edge through the psychology bubble.
- The mule ate my homework!
- "In the firm-grasp-of-the-obvious department, Yoon Jeung-Hyun, the chairman of South Korea's Financial Supervisory Commission, recently made comments along the lines that Asia cannot keep up the pace of buying Treasury notes. My guess is that all the Asians are fairly panicked. They can finally see that the dollar does have problems, and they're stuck with dollars and Treasurys (both of which have the potential to create losses for them). In my opinion, this process is not going to end until we see a full-blown panic on the part of foreigners, and Americans as well." -- Bill Fleckenstein from his always insightful Fleck Rap.
- The weekly Investor's Intelligence survey finds the bullish camp at 54.5% vs. 55.7% prior week with Boo's crew at 24.3% vs. 21.6% prior.
- In 100 years, all this stress will seem silly.
- That's DR. Minyan Marc Faber!
- Tea party at Hansel's after the close!
- Speaking of Baywatch...
- The Minyan March Madness Brackets will close tomorrow at high noon. Please remember to fill out your sheets as it's a two-sided win! (password:minyans)
- Please keep BKX 99 (200-day) on your screens as another monster truck level.
- Minyanville Classics: War Stories
- "In our view, there could be another push lower (a couple percent) that would set the stage for a much more significant advance. The GM news coupled with a pullback in momo energy and materials sectors should allow for current corrective action to complete." -- Snoop Tony Dwyer
- Please see the dollar drippage and metal rippage as the greenback failed anew at DXY 82.
- I'm walking around the office in half a bear costume (added this morning) and eyeing a few key tea leaves. BKX 99 and NDX 1480 (200-days), the breadth (2:1 negative) and crude (+1.7%) are currently topping the list. I have eyeballed an S&P 1206 stop and will adapt should the inputs shift and/or roll down my stop if we see further slippage. I'm keenly aware that we have a slew of news, expiration and the S&P rebalancing on deck.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter