- My fear is that we'll look back longingly at this number once the debt spiral starts to unwind.
- There is NO WAY that Syracuse will repeat as NCAA champs (is that an adequate mea culpa to the powers that be?).
- A friend of a friend of a friend, who is a silversmith, says he is backlogged by 6 months (demand over supply).
- Honey Coombs. :-)
- I gotta tell ya, I flipped past Dennis Miller on CNBC last night and ended up watching the entire opening sequence. It's actually very funny.
- Watch those Trannies as they tickle the 200-day.
- Will this winter ever end?
- Matt Jacobs, devout Met's fan, bought NY Yankee calls in Vegas last weekend. He asked me to add that NOTHING would make him happier than to lose that $50 but I told him "Hey Matt, you wanna voice? Build a website!"
- I would "think" that equities are looking for some hand holding (on the "stronger economy") from Sir Elmer. The "low rate for a while" argument is getting a bit long in the tooth.
- I can't believe Adriana is gonna get whacked.
- I saw Boo running in the park again singing some vintage LL, "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years, Rockin' my peers and putting suckas in fear....."
- I'm a Mog--half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend.
- If you haven't had a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity, you're missing one of life's simple pleasures.
- Tomorrow is the one week mile marker of the Minyan Scale Tale. Between the wrenched back and the weekend bout with the stomach flu, I gotta think I'm in the running. I'm casting a wary eye out west, however, as J-Dog (at lower base weight of 125 lbs) has the natural advantage on a percentage basis. Grr.
- Merrill (MER:NYSE) and Morgan (MWD:NYSE) are RED in the face of "robust" Lehman (LEH:NYSE) earnings. That's not a good sign for Sir Hoofy.
- The critters have just approved a snazzy new Minyanville healthcare/biotech professor. Noice!
- The Dow, S&P, NDX, CYC (cyclicals), DRG (druggies), SOX (semis), brokers (XBD) and banks (BKX) are all giving stochastic buy signals. They're clearly more of a directional tool than a timing indicator--and they can pretzel for a while as they did on the upside--but it's a feather in Hoofy's headdress nonetheless.
- Never lose your sense of humor, Francis.
- Homies don't play today.
- What's a Minyanville Ambassador? It's someone who wants to earn while they learn as part of the Minyan family. Through this enterprise program, Ambassadors will receive a nice payout on all passports AND licensing agreements secured through their efforts. It's actually a pretty sweet deal--the critters kinda sell themselves--so give us a ping for more information!
- Veritas (VRTS:NASD) is down 10% today. Talk about a delayed reaction!
- Dow Jones reports that the FBI is investigating the February 13 Wolverine Confidence report (and unauthorized access to the data).
- Microsoft (MSFT) and General Electric (GE:NYSE) just aren't giving the love today.
- As soon as you start viewing obstacles as opportunities, you've mentally turned the corner to success.
- Smelly cat, Smelly cat...what are you thinking of?
- Spain has bounced to the tune of 1.5%.
- There should be forced one month sabbaticals in our business.
- Boo has already made a reservation at the Ivy for next week. Heaven help us if he goes Hollywood.
- Tim Olsen just penned his new missive for the Minyanville Elementary School!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter