By Todd Harrison Mar 15, 2004 11:32 am
What a difference a week makes!
- Is that a jelly doughnut in your footlocker, Private Collins?
- Most prognosticators I read this morning--bull and bear--think the S&P trades to 1140 in the near-term.
- Gold is doing "work" at the $400 level but gold stocks, by and large, continue to act lethargic.
- Minyan Poll: Do you like the way that the current Buzz & Banter scrolls (bottom to top) or would you prefer it to scroll "top to bottom?" We aim to please in the 'Ville and we're interested in your feedback!
- The specter of terrorism and its influence on Spanish elections is forcing investors to price additional risk premium into the global markets. While this process is evolving (and yet undetermined), it has a different impact than it did at, say, S&P 800.
- Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) is to $75 as white is to rice.
- There is a rumor going around that Daisy is planning to take over for Morgana the kissing bandit.
- Maryland vs. Syracuse in the second round? In addition to this being a battle between the last two NCAA champs, they also happen to be me and my brother's respective alma matas. Isn't this how the Hatfields and McCoys started out?
- Forget Atkins--the best diet out there is the stomach virus that is going around!
- The word "stagflation" is gonna get googled a whole lot in the months (years) ahead.
- Does Bertha Coomb's main squeeze call her "Honey?"
- While many 'daily' indicators are oversold, the weekly momentum gauges aren't (and likely won't be until S&P 1040/ NDX 1800/INDU 9500), according to Nataxis Bleichroeder's uber-technician John "If it ain't" Roque (don't fix it).
- The trannies have almost given back Friday's impressive Snapper.
- You would have to drink a beer every two minutes for an entire year to impact Budweiser's (BUD:NYSE) EPS by a penny.
- I think Becky Quick would make a heckuva Julie McCoy.
- Bad Boo, Bad Boo, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?
- Watch the piggies. Oink oink!
- The critters are gettin' gussied up as they ready for next week's Hollywood road show. I will be chaperoning the menagerie and, as such, will be away from my turret next Wednesday through Friday. Break a leg fellas!
- Watch SOX 475ish--it's where the semis held each test last week (and during the December slippage). That chart sure looks like it's 'churning' under support.
- The IBEX 35 (Spain) is now down 4.2%.
- Mind the gaps from Friday's opening.
- David Letterman's Top 10 Polite Ways To Say Your Zipper Is Down: 10) The cucumber has left the salad. 9)Quasimodo needs to go back in the tower and tend to his bells. 8) You need to bring your tray table to the upright and locked position. 7) Paging Mr. Johnson...Paging Mr. Johnson. 6) Elvis has left the building. 5) The Buick is not all the way in the garage. 4) Our next guest is someone who needs no introduction. 3) You've got a security breach at Los Pantalones. 2) Men may be From Mars.....but I can see something that rhymes with Venus....and the #1 way to tell someone his zipper is unzipped.....1) You've got your fly set for "Monica" instead of "Hillary!"
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter