Carmelo Anthony, baby--he's the real deal!
- The masses are emotionally charged--you can see it in the price action.
- While we spend all day gaming how war will impact the market, do we spend enough time thinking of it's affect on human life?
- The breadth in the S&P is relatively better than the that of the NDX. S's over N's.
- Frau Bluecher!
- Who's more stressed out? George Bush, Tony Blair or Saddam Hussein?
- The dollar is starting to firm.
- The buyers are higher and the sellers are lower.
- I made an important point in my opening piece. There's a very fine line between using prices to your advantage and fighting the tape. Tread carefully in that regard and always attempt to define your risk profile.
- There's a difference between discussing two-side risk and talking out of both sides of your mouth.
- If you're digging your nails into the desk with each tick of the futures, you've likely got too much risk on.
- Objectively, our trusty stochastics have a ways to go before a fresh sell signals. That doesn't mean they WILL--it just means we must respect that they CAN.
- There is no such thing as a guru.
- Pull up a six month chart of the QQQ. See that trendline?
- Stubbornness is the antithesis of discipline.
- The S&P intraday chart made a new high.
- While I respect the upside--particularly since the emotional types may not have bitten yet--I'm alright keeping my defined risk April puts and day trading to augment my risk profile.
- If we rally INTO a war, does that count as THE war rally?
- I coudn't find Ring Dings or Yodels last night so I ate Ho-ho's. It just wasn't the same.
- Can this be THE rally and has the train left the station? I don't think it is--but I've certainly been wrong before. The goal is not to let you trips turn into falls (hence the defined risk).
- The banks are trying to exert leadership. The semis feel a bit tired--can you blame them?
- We knew the market was gonna try to push higher--will it have the legs to the bell?
- Yesterday I got emails from bulls I haven't heard from in months. Funny how that happens.
- Citigroup testing resistance at 34 again.
- Our Minyan Charity raffle will likely begin early next week--stay tuned!
- The 'Cuse squeezed one out last night (sorry Kurt) and tonight, I'll be there to cheer on my Orangemen. There's something about Big East basketball with my best friend that's VERY appealing right now.
- Remove emotion from your decision making process!
- When was the last time you had a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich?
- Minyans of the world, UNITE!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter